MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Starting up my collection

Article about: Hello All, I'm new here, but have been reading the forums here at work for a while now and I am constantly in awe with everything I see on here. So I finally decided to make my own account a

Default Starting up my collection

Hello All,

I'm new here, but have been reading the forums here at work for a while now and I am constantly in awe with everything I see on here. So I finally decided to make my own account and contribute a little, even tho I am just starting.

A little about myself I am 23 about to be married in Oct., and currently serving in the military. I reenact WWII as 101st AB.

But now to the reason I decided to post here first haha

I am starting up my weapon collection, with help from my Fiancee.

So far I have aquired a M-1 Garand which was manufactured in June 0f 1944. and then rebarreled in Nov. of 1950.

And earlier this week my fiancee bought a VZ.24 for $160. Its serial number is CR 6690. Which makes it a Romanian contract rifle.

Back at home in Florida, I have a luger which doesn't fire, sadly it's not an German original. It was given to me by one of my dads firefighters since I reenact. Once I get some good pics of it I will post it up on here for some help in identifying it.

Once I get home from work I will post up some pics of the rifles!

?

Default Re: Starting up my collection

coolio,
    welcome to forum.
    cant wait for some pics

Hi,
    welcome to the forum i hope you will make many friends here, you are luckyto have a garand rifle i have been after one for a time now but we can only have them as deac over here. I hape you do well in your collecting, there are alot of us who are ex military and appreciate what efforts you put into the service. good luck for Oct with your wedding and all the best to you and your fiancee.
    dave.

I have read on here that over there you can only obtain Deactivated Weapons. Its a shame, maybe one day that law will go away. My fiancee lived over in Wales for a year and is absolutely in love with England and Wales, she plans on taking me over there someday to show me everything.

My dad sent me a pic of the Luger that can't fire anymore

These are what the markings say my dad wrote

Made in Germany
    CAL 22 LR
    Gesichert

Any help on this would be great!

?

Hello

I think you will get addicted lol I love guns ! They display so well ! I think you should always try to buy the best condition guns you can afford ! My nicest gun is my Bren ! Lol and your partner supports your collection ? Now that is rare ! Hope I can find a wife who is the same !

Hi and welcome, JSchmidt !

Your .22 Luger was likely commercially made for export to North America by 'Erma'
    in the 50's or 60's, but it is strange that no other markings can be seen.
    Perhaps there is a logo somewhere - like on the grip panels.

'Gesichert' means 'Safe'. Naturally, it is an indicator as to whether
    the safety lever is in 'safe' or 'fire' mode...........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 05-23-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.