Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

sten gun

Article about: by frenchy Mick i understand your point and i agree that it would piss me off if i could not fire it Then prepare to be pissed off Frenchy

Default sten gun

hello!
    i have been offered a Sten gun mk(damn it forgot the rest ) anyway all desactivated with 2 mag and possibly some blank 9 mm , in nice condition and with history of the owner too . My question is 300$ canadian would be a good price or not ?
    Thanks
    ps do not have the pic i didnt have my camera at that time in fact it was a surprise that i saw that .
    Frenchy

Default Re: sten gun

If the gun is in a good condition that doesn't sound much...
    But u could be lucky and get it for that price.

cheers,

Thanks klokhoane for your answer i am at 99.9 % sure at the end of the month it will be in my house

Frenchy

jh92
    ?

That sounds pretty good, I was looking them up yesterday.

I think that you've found one for a decent price actually. I did find this British Sten Mk 3 Parts Set: Original WW2 Issue - International Military Antiques.
    I think it's better to pick up the one you found as it is legally deactivated. As far fetched as it sounds it is not difficult to make a receaver out of pipe for display and ending up with a functioning firearm. I knew a guy that did this with a kit and it basically fell together for him. This guy wasn't what I would call "the brain trust" but he managed to make it work. I couldn't stay far enough away from that fella after I found out he had a fully functioning illegal automatic in his backpack.

Mike

Mike that is what i was thinking as it will be for display only i never fired any fire arm in my life and probably never will but knowing where it come from and what history is behind it i could not pass this opportunity especially at that price (for me affordable with some overtime ) i would freak out too if i knew someone like your non brain trust lollllll .
    As i tend to go toward Canadian \British militaria this is a must have if i end up doing what i want " recreate a canadian soldier on a mannequin from head to toe

Frenchy

?

Quote by frenchy View Post
    Mike that is what i was thinking as it will be for display only i never fired any fire arm in my life and probably never will but knowing where it come from and what history is behind it i could not pass this opportunity especially at that price (for me affordable with some overtime ) i would freak out too if i knew someone like your non brain trust lollllll .
    As i tend to go toward Canadian \British militaria this is a must have if i end up doing what i want " recreate a canadian soldier on a mannequin from head to toe

Frenchy
    $ 300 is about the going rate. If you have a deactivated gun it will piss you off that you can never shoot it. Do yourself a favour and buy a real one.
    SMG International Canada Sten Gun Products Page

Mick,
    Problem is that Sten's are full auto. The origional poster live's in Canada I'm not sure you can own a full auto there. If you can I'm sure it's not as simple as just picking it up at the shop. Here in the States, you can own one but it is a major production. Making a full auto out of a parts kit will fall under illegal; not oh I am driving a little too fast illegal, it's more like I'm going to federal prison illegal.

Mike

Quote by Mick View Post
    $ 300 is about the going rate. If you have a deactivated gun it will piss you off that you can never shoot it. Do yourself a favour and buy a real one.
    SMG International Canada Sten Gun Products Page
    Mick i understand your point and i agree that it would piss me off if i could not fire it but i have no desire to fire one or in fact any other gun .i am getting this one due to an opportunity to own something as authentic as it can be to go with my attempt to recreate a Canadian soldier from head to toe with as much original items i can find with the budget i have . Thanks for the link i didnt know that here in canada we were doing that kind of neat work with those gun.
    oh and in Ontario they are so crazy about the law concerning guns i will have to research the subject later to see how much prob i will have to own it .
    Frenchy

?

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    Mick,
    Problem is that Sten's are full auto. The origional poster live's in Canada I'm not sure you can own a full auto there. If you can I'm sure it's not as simple as just picking it up at the shop. Here in the States, you can own one but it is a major production. Making a full auto out of a parts kit will fall under illegal; not oh I am driving a little too fast illegal, it's more like I'm going to federal prison illegal.

Mike
    Mike, like the OP I live in Canada too. The sten guns advertised at the link I gave are classed as full auto in the US but not in Canada. Any Canadian with a firearm certificate can own one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast