Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sten Gun Mk1*

Article about: This is a hand built replica of the second version of the Mk1 Sten gun, this was the first attempt to simplify the production time, and reduce costs. The total Mk1 production was undertaken

Default Re: Sten Gun Mk1*

Quote by Mick View Post
    Danny ,

I can't give you the answer you are looking for, but it stands to reason that if you are allowed to own dectivated firearms then it should be legal to make replicas of deactivated firearms. Ask Mr Plod if you want to be certain.

I left the UK for good six years ago, best thing I ever did.

Mick
    well, we have stupid laws to go with the stupid leaders. Like the whole airsoft and replica gun thing: you can buy a deactivated gun but you cant buy an airsoft or replica gun unless your a member of a re-enactment group or airsoft, otherwise its painted in blue or something
    Thanks

Danny

?

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    well, we have stupid laws to go with the stupid leaders.
    The UK does not have the monopoly on this.

Finished Mk I*

?

What happend to Nige H

Superb job you have done Mick, I'm looking into laws regarding making replica weapons because there are companys that are allowed to. I'm still wanting to build my single shot bolt action rifle that has only 4 moving parts that I designed last year, and my assemble my 9mm submachine gun that me and my dad built a few years ago before the VCRA, and theres no way I'm getting rid of the parts because it took 7 months to design and build!
    Thanks

Danny

?

Superb job you have done Mick, I'm looking into laws regarding making replica weapons because there are companys that are allowed to. I'm still wanting to build my single shot bolt action rifle that has only 4 moving parts that I designed last year, and my assemble my 9mm submachine gun that me and my dad built a few years ago before the VCRA, and theres no way I'm getting rid of the parts because it took 7 months to design and build!
    Thanks

Danny
    Thanks Danny

I would be very interested to see your designs if that's possible, can you post them here?

Mick

I'm not too sure if posting the designs here would be a good idea because any idiot could easily look at the designs and make the bolt action rifle with basic tools and parts from B&Q. I'll have to dig out the drawings for it, I know I didnt bin them. As for Sub Machine Gun, theres a hell of a lot of drawings which are all mixed up, some of the designs work, some dont, its nothing special, its more or less a simplified and redesigned Uzi. Meanwhile, heres a photo of the prototype rifle before I added the sights, it isnt capable of firing anything, because the bolt is actaully made out of wood. It was only a cosmetic piece never intened to fire anything. I also ran out of wood for the stock, hence the reason its rather small and odd looking. I no longer have the rifle, I broke it up last month and used pieces of it for other non-firearm projects.
    Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten Gun Mk1*   Sten Gun Mk1*  

?

I'm not too sure if posting the designs here would be a good idea because any idiot could easily look at the designs and make the bolt action rifle with basic tools and parts from B&Q.
    But that's the plan Danny

Well for the sake of the forum, I'd rather not post the designs incase they get into the wrong hands. Also I dont know if the design is dangerous or not and I really wouldnt want anyone to try it.
    Thanks

Danny

?

I have now discovered the barrel retaining screws should go right the way through the bushing, and should be visible on the top flat. I screwed up with that, but I can put it right.

?

As luck would have it I have been sent pics of an original MkI that came out of a pond about 40 years ago.

Here they are..........

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast