Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Sten gun MKII WW2 original?

Article about: Hello I'm looking for a stengun made in the second world war, so I was taking a look at some sites and so I found these two sten guns. But I'm not really shore if they're actually WW2 origin

Default Sten gun MKII WW2 original?

Hello

I'm looking for a stengun made in the second world war, so I was taking a look at some sites and so I found these two sten guns. But I'm not really shore if they're actually WW2 original. I hope you guys can help me.

this is the site with the two sten guns: Sten Gun | De-activated Guns | De-acs

?

I don't think the cocking handle moves on that one, I would check with them before buying, unless of course that doesn't bother you.

I think you'll find all mk2 stens are wartime produced (unless a replica!). However I believe that the guns on the link have been post war refurbished by the Finnish military going by the cocking handle and addition of the 'strap buckle' on the barrel (sorry it's late and I can't remember what the bit is called!)
    There are other stens on the market with the correct wartime cocking handles, however, as stated above, at this price 300-400 they are more than likely to have the bolt welded in place with little or no moving parts. Old specs, which will dry fire tend to be 500+

My WW2 deact gun collection

If you look at my thread/stens hopefully you will be able to see what I mean about the cocking handle and lack of sling buckle/lug

If your based outside the UK it's unlikely they would post to you, if your within the UK then no problem. I say this as if you are in Europe then you would be better off looking at Zib or a site like that as they are German spec de-acs which are cheaper and can cock and dry fire.

The one shown in the real gun site is an Ex British gun sold to Finland and refurbished by them.

Most STENs were made in WW2 but there are lots of STEN clones that were made post WW2, these can be Belgian, Israeli, Thai etc. and can vary in quality from dog poo to very good. These oddities are rarer than UK or Canadian guns and tend to be a lot more money.