Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sten mk 3 barrel.

Article about: Hi, i have a sten mk 3 and wonders how the barrel is mounted on this ones and what i would have to do to get it out?

Default Sten mk 3 barrel.

Hi, i have a sten mk 3 and wonders how the barrel is mounted on this ones and what i would have to do to get it out?

Default Re: Sten mk 3 barrel.

You cant get the barrel out (Of an original) as the trunnion and barrel support are riveted in. If you need to remove it for some reason, the rivets will need to be ground out and then you will need to gently heat the barrel support to remove the solder

?

If I am correct, these were thrown together as a cheap last resort kind of 'zip gun', am I right?

They were cheap but last resort, not really. They were being made well after the threat of invasion had ended and they were were reasonably well put together using modern techniques of the time.

Quote by Dean View Post
    If I am correct, these were thrown together as a cheap last resort kind of 'zip gun', am I right?
    Partly correct but not a last resort.......Cheap but not nasty......a very effective weapon once the early problems with the fit of the magazine and subsequent feeding issues were sorted.........used by nearly forty different countries over the years and in service during the Korean War..............the Germans thought it good enough to copy during the closing stages of WWII..........the MP3008 was the result. Also used in suppressed form by the U.S Rangers in Vietnam..........not a bad pedigree all things considered...........