Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sten MKII

Article about: It's hard to tell, but no more dects for me, not any more gents. This sten has broke my hart. I'm done. I better collect modern tram tickets. At list one can have fun with numbers on them.

?

Default Sten MKII

As you can see I got some rusty pieces of iron, that used to be a sten gun

The question: how do I remove the barrel please?

I turned the mag home all the way but the barrel is not moving
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten MKII  

Default re: Sten MKII

If it is a UK deac you won't be able to remove the barrel. Check for welds.

?

it is a UK deact. thank you. How they managed to weld the barrel ? How I suppose to clean it and take care of item? damn it!

If I remember rightly, only pre-1989 deactivated weapons could have their barrels removed, after that year barrels had to be welded/pinned to the receiver on all deactivated firearms apart from pistols.

Thanks

Danny

It is a shame that they go to such lengths.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It is a shame that they go to such lengths.
    Agreed.... Personally I don't see the point as anyone with the knowledge, equipment and access to the parts needed to re-activate a deactivated weapon could probably build a firearm from scratch. But our dear government think otherwise

Thanks

Danny

?

Right, thank you gents. No more stens then. There is no way I'm paying 600 quit for an old deact. I think it's a hogwash. As well as this one tho. The barrel cut adn a road is welded into it, what is the logic beyond that restrictions? It's cheaper and easier to make a new one that rebuild this into firearm tho. Me not happy at all

If I can't take the barrel off it means I can't clean it properly and Item is gonna go rusty some time. What is the point?

Shell I trow it directly into my back yard? Will dig out in a couple of years. Given the materials used in stens it will rust just perfectly, then I can call it dug up

If it helps, you may be able to use a spray like Tetra Action Blaster to get cleaner into the areas being blocked off by the welds.

Quote by ph3s View Post
    Shell I trow it directly into my back yard? Will dig out in a couple of years. Given the materials used in stens it will rust just perfectly, then I can call it dug up
    Or you could send it my way You don't need to worry about it going rusty though and falling to bits, as long as you get some gun oil and go over all the parts you can lightly and keep the gun in dry conditions it will be fine

Thanks

Danny

welshbayonetww2
    ?

Your lucky to be able to strip it down as far as you can. More recent deacts weld ALL the barrel and breach into one lump.
    I shouldn't worry about the inside of the barrel... it will have a steel rod rammed down it and welded/ pinned at both ends of the barrel ( home office spec).

Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast