Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Steyr 1908/34 Police pistol...does anyone have any deeper info? Thanks

Article about: I recently got this pistol and I can't find any reading material on it. I'd like to find more detailed information/history on it. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Kevin

kmj1973
    ?

Default Steyr 1908/34 Police pistol...does anyone have any deeper info? Thanks

I recently got this pistol and I can't find any reading material on it. I'd like to find more detailed information/history on it. Can anyone help? Thanks. -Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steyr 1908/34 Police pistol...does anyone have any deeper info?  Thanks   Steyr 1908/34 Police pistol...does anyone have any deeper info?  Thanks  

Steyr 1908/34 Police pistol...does anyone have any deeper info?  Thanks  

RattInnaCage
    ?

Default Steyr model 1908/34 pistol -- Some Web Pages to peruse

Hey Kevin,

I saw your post about the steyr 1908/34 pistol and I have some web pages with pics and info that I think you will find very informative.

The first web page is:
    Steyr Pieper Pistols Austro-Hungarian Weapons
    This page has quite a few very nice images and also some good overall information. By the way, while you're here, click on the home button and you'll find a really extensive page on Hungarian weapons from circa 1850 to the present.

This next site:
    Steyr-Pieper M1908/09/34
    Has more images and informaton. It also has quite a bit on the 1908s "little brother" the mod. 1909 in .25ACP.

Finally, on Parralax Bills 'show us what you bought this month' thread for February, you'll find my post for the 1908/34 I bought,
    Post your February Acquisitions! - The Parallax View - General Gun Collecting - ParallaxBill's Curio & Relic and Military Surplus Firearms Forums - Message Board - Yuku
    There's some info that isn't on the other two sites, and some pictures I took of my own pistol. My piece included a period correct holster - can't really tell if it's original to my gun though. It also came with two extra magazines.

Hope this is of some help. I know how hard it is to find anything on the 1908 Steyr/Pieper. I been searching for over 6 months and I've yet to run into any takedown directions.

Michael
    BTW - if you don't get to my steyr thread, here are a couple pics.

Last edited by RattInnaCage; 08-05-2008 at 03:44 AM.

Default Re: Steyr 1908/34 Police pistol...does anyone have any deeper info? Thanks

While this Steyr was created in 1908, it was adopted by the Austrian police and known as the Modell 1913. In 1934, modifications were made to the breechblock and other internal parts resulting in the 1913/34.