Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Stg 44 relic

Article about: Here we go ladies and gents. i just got this STG 44 for next to nothing. I will clean this rifle up and put it on my wall. Will post new pictures with the entire cleaning and restauration pr

It's really coming along now, I'm looking forward to the further updates..

?

looking good, maybe you'll even get some range time with it in the end ahahahaha

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    looking good, maybe you'll even get some range time with it in the end ahahahaha
    Actually , you are correct. Upon inspection of this rifle I came to the conclusion that it could be REPAIRED so that it will be functional again. The trigger mechanism coiled spring is broken and needs to be replaced , as well as the gas tube which is obviously beyond repair. Other than that , metal is still strong and the bolt can travel freely as it once did. Internal parts only need a good polishing . This rifle is alive, baby!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stg 44 relic  

Realize you put a lot of time and effort into it. Not matter what it is a nice relic and great to have if just to admire.

After more than 70 years in the ground , the bolt came out to see the daylight, once again. I tried VERY HARD to get it out and it took many days of Wd40 oil and hammering it , but to no avail. A few nights ago an idea popped in my mind. Why not use a jack hammer to try to break loose all that stuck dirt and hardened mud that was keeping the bolt stuck. So I took a jack hammer and hammered the hell out of it. It still took me two hours to get it out. Now it's time for a royal cleaning and polishing. By the way, the extractor works just fine. After 70 years in the ground.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stg 44 relic   Stg 44 relic  

Stg 44 relic   Stg 44 relic  

Last edited by nicholass; 10-07-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Incredible Nicolass, very cool to watch you work on this gem. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jay

Thanx for your comments.

A jackhammer in the house??!!! ...... hope its not a rental, or there goes your bond money
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I was also going to say something about jack-hammering while wearing socks but I let it pass.........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It is a smaller jackhammer , guys, not a big one Ok, here what the ''refinished'' bolt looks like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stg 44 relic   Stg 44 relic  

Last edited by nicholass; 10-08-2016 at 06:06 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast