Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Story behind our MP44

Article about: that was very nice of you JO, my wife would never buy me anything for my collection . she tells me it's a waste of money & that it's just old junk. oh well.

Default Re: Story behind our MP44

We go to Normandy for all the big D-Day anniversaries. Its amazing out there

Hi Jo and Jamie, super example!

Nice story and thanks for sharing it on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jo and Jamie, super example!

Nice story and thanks for sharing it on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade

I've been dying to know what you thought of it lol

I have been trying to train my wife for years, she knows what I want and what do I get!!!!!! Bloody slippers, gardening books, anything other than German stuff (PS do you want a second husband?)
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    I have been trying to train my wife for years, she knows what I want and what do I get!!!!!! Bloody slippers, gardening books, anything other than German stuff (PS do you want a second husband?)
    Lol! My ex partner was like that-never got anything i wanted for Xmas-not until the last Xmas with her anyway and that wa after 17 bloody years. As it is now the lovely lady i met after the seperation who is now my wife Sarah is a true diamond. She will think nowt of going and buying me military items. I show her a range of things id like and then she will choose and buy so i never know what shes bought but can be sure i will be more than pleased than if it were crappy socks or keckers. Thank god i get what i want nowadays!.

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    Lol! My ex partner was like that-never got anything i wanted for Xmas-not until the last Xmas with her anyway and that wa after 17 bloody years. As it is now the lovely lady i met after the seperation who is now my wife Sarah is a true diamond. She will think nowt of going and buying me military items. I show her a range of things id like and then she will choose and buy so i never know what shes bought but can be sure i will be more than pleased than if it were crappy socks or keckers. Thank god i get what i want nowadays!.
    So then thats it the wife gets binned and I find a newer one that likes militaria LOL
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    So then thats it the wife gets binned and I find a newer one that likes militaria LOL
    lol

the things we do in our quest for items lol

Hi,
    great gift and good thinking on your part, he,s a lucky man, a couple of years ago now i had a really nice 1942 Brengun brought for me by my wife for Xmas. i had no idea it was in the house
    so great supprise for me. Im looking forward to this xmas now, !
    dave.

you could do like my dad dose and find out ten different things that he wants and write them down then pick one or two.

also to make it harder for him to figure out what the gift is find some other box or something that will trick him into thinking it is something dull or boring
    ex: i gave my mother a .25 cal. pistol this year and i usually giver he a scented candle or a puzzle because she likes them and its easy to pick. so i wrapped the handgun in a strip of cloth and stuck it in side a used candle that i took the wax out of and i fooled her.

also if its something small like a patch or a war medal then you could put it in a some socks.
    Last edited by MR MATT; 12-26-2010 at 07:58 PM. Reason: fixed a misspeling that made a funny

Quote by MR MATT View Post
    "so i raped the handgun in a strip of cloth"
    Please tell me you ment "Wrapped"
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast