Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Story behind our MP44

Article about: that was very nice of you JO, my wife would never buy me anything for my collection . she tells me it's a waste of money & that it's just old junk. oh well.

Default Our MP44 (and story behind getting it)

Thought you might like to hear the story behind our MP44.

My OH (also a member on here) bought one in 1988 when he was a student with no money. He paid for it with his credit card and was going to take forever to repay it as he had no income. I could never, ever do that. I believe in saving for something and then paying for it outright. It was only £265 GBP but he didnt have the money. I made him send it back . He didnt want to but he did

He never let me forget it. The years went by and he'd occasionally see one pop up for sale but the price tag just went up and up. He'd ALWAYS remind me "remember that MP44 you made me send back? Its worth £x amount now"

Last Christmas. I'd had enough and decided to redeem myself by getting him one. He had absolutely no idea. I have no clue about what to look for (and I hadnt found this site back then) so I asked a fellow militaria collector friend to find one for me that was legitimate and "old spec" deact. He found one

Wrapped it up and on Christmas morning I gave it to him.

I was absolutely TOTALLY peeved when he knew what it was before he even opened it!!!!!!!!!!! You know the thing on the end? (sorry, I have no idea what the parts are called) the circular thing? it might be a scope or a viewfinder? Well, that was sticking out of the parcel and as soon as he saw it, he knew.

Speechless wasn't the word for it - I think I redeemed myself

I think the majority of members on here are men. Would your wives/girlfriends/partners do something like this?

Pics will follow
    Last edited by queenlatifa; 12-01-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Default Re: Story behind our MP44

Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44

Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44Story behind our MP44

Wow, i would say you are a keeper
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

You don't want to get married again do you ?

Steve T

?

Oh joy, all ive got to look forward to is another pair of bloody socks and a jumper from the war dept, lets hope the kids have
    taken the hint and get me some decent collecting books

?

My wife knows what I like, but every xmas she gets me stuff i don't really want, where she gets what she wants
    because she told me 100 times that she wanted it.
    This year I will only speak German and see if she gets the hint.

?

That was a very kind act on your behalf well done.....iam comming to your place for Christmas lol

LOL

I find it quite difficult to buy for him to be honest. You'd think it would be easy for us wives but it isnt. I like gifts to be a surprise but I cant exactly ask what he wants or its not a surprise. Also, he's got so much stuff, I dont know what he has or hasnt got.

He complains that he's easy to buy for as he's a collector but its not as easy as that lol.

?

I think the gun is enough, but as a treat, ( hope my wife reads this ) book a holiday to go on a battle field tour.
    Or even find a place where you can dig and find your own "presents".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast