Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sturmgewehr 44

Article about: Hi guys! Long time no see, it's been a while since I've been looking to get myself something, and since this opportunity came along I wouldn't mind showing it off to you before I'll make a d

Default Re: Sturmgewehr 44

Whats this for a ugly Weld Spot?

It will be part of the deact process. But it is very ugly.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thats retail price, there was one on D and B Militaria before Christmas for 2250, I would do so some serious haggling !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been lucky enough to handle a few examples (all, thankfully unbutchered), and deact marks aside, it seems good to me.

Quote by DerStuermer View Post
    Whats this for a ugly Weld Spot?
    Agree, that's my main concern... I really don't want to get into any problems with the bolt on the rifle since I can't disassemble it.
    And yes, it does not look too good.

You are right Joe. These things bring big buck. 20,000.00 or more is the going rate in live condition.
    I have a friend that was in Iraq and his unit came across a bunker with nazi marked crates. They were full of these Sturmgewehr 44's. They had orders to blow them up. I about cried when he told me this. How many $$$$ were Destroyed.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I think that officer's pricing was way out of whack. There was a deactivated one near me that sold within the last year for $5000. I've seen live ones priced at $15,000-$20,000
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Agreed, I have been offered $20,000 for my all matching 95% MP 44 witha mint barrel & 7 mags but would not sell it. I could never replace it

That seems extraordinarily expensive for a decommissioned firearm.
    Especially one as commonly encountered as the MP44 - considering it was mass produced.
    They are particularly valuable in the US because of the 1968 cut off for MG's.
    However, parts kits here are going for over $3500 so, maybe your price is OK.
    I had my parts kit assembled around the Shoei replica receiver it is pretty cool for a non firing dummy.

The old gal at the gun "hand-in" might have had still her husbands' 1968 registration papers and if he brought it home, she might also have had his capture papers. If it was a true bring-back "Curio and relic" status, with capture and amnesty papers, it would be a little more valuable than a regular transferable - not a great deal more.
    My Luger with capture papers sold for about a $1K more than an unpapered similar example - but it all depends on the market, this is not a hugely active market and it goes up and down with the economy.

Her husband could also have been an MG collector who simply owned it legally, and died.

Do you consider 400 000 as mass production?

I saw a pistol today of which a grand total of 15 were made (a Lahti m35 Artillery barrel length with wooden stock)-400,000 is definitely mass produced in 2 years.

And I wonder if the Iraqi MP44s were found next to a bunch of crated Spitfires...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast