Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Suffering from WW2 gun withdrawal symptoms! (My small collection)

Article about: Nice collection mate, the Bren has a Mk3 Bren butt fitted which is slightly unusual on a Mk2 as the Mk2 butts lasted really well. Ref the rust on the SMLE bayonet, lots of wd40 or light oil

Default Suffering from WW2 gun withdrawal symptoms! (My small collection)

Having got my last gun (M1 Carbine) as a Christmas present and spending the last 5 months looking at guns I can't afford I'm beginning to withdrawal symptoms and that itchy feeling that I need to get another one! So as a 'pick me up' I thought I'd post some pictures of my collection. There's nothing fancy or expensive unfortunatley but some of you might be interested!
    For our foreign friends (especially those in the US) all of the guns are deactivated as per the law in the UK. Some are 'old spec', that is to say that they can be partially stripped, can be cocked and dry fired, however, have the firing pin removed, the bolt sheared off and the barrel welded up or filled. The others are 'new spec' which have the bolt welded in place, can't be cocked or dry fired.
    They are as follows:

1943 Enfield .38 'hammerless' revolver (old spec)
    Sten Mk 2 (old spec)
    Sten Mk 3 (old spec)
    1942 Lee Enfield .303 No4 Mk1 (old spec)
    1943 Lee Enfield .303 No4 Mk1 'Long Branch' (old spec)
    1944 'Inglis' Bren (old spec)
    1943 Mauser Kar 98 'BNZ' (old spec)
    1942 PPSH 41 (new spec)
    1944 PPS 43 (new spec)
    1942 Mosin Nagant 91/30 (new spec)
    1928M1A1 Thompson (new spec)
    1943 M1 Carbine 'Inland' (new spec)

and a 1866 Fusil modèle 1866 Chassepot rifle - not WW2 I know, but I like to think of some poor French resistance fighter lugging it about!

I'll have an MP44 one day, and an MP40, a MG38, MG42's are nice, an M1 Thompson, a Vickers and a Lewis gun, a .50 Cal, I need a Sten Mk5, then there's all the sniper rifles and the handguns, better not forget the Garand, a Bofor would be great, but an 88mm even better. Sod it I'll get a Bren gun carrier, but a tank's bigger, but if I get a tank why not an areoplane....

....Where's the Bismark and how easy would it be to get it up?

The problem with collecting World War 2 militaria is the 'world' bit (and my very limited finances)

Default Re: Suffering from WW2 gun withdrawal symptoms! (My small collection)

Deactivated, killed, murdered

They sure do look nice
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

Nice collection, thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers, Ade.

?

WOW!!! that is a very nice collection ! i understand the withdrawal symptons !

Excellent collection! really great examples there

4md
    ?

awesome collection, very jealous......i would love a bren gun!!

?

Great collecion! True shame they do not work. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

great collection indeed, thank you for sharing.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Very good collection of British WW2 small arms-perhaps an SMLE No.1 Mk3* would be next man in?!

I think in all honesty an SMLE will probably be next (unless I can find something Italian or Japanese for the right price), I've been looking at them for a while now and it would fill a hole. Although i'd have to try an find another bayonet, the SMLE bayonet I have is a little rusty. It belonged to my great uncle who was a Lancaster pilot, it is dated 1918 but also stamped RAF and spent about 40 years in a damp attic!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast