Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Svt-40

Article about: Beautiful rifles. The SVT is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I like shooting it even more than the M1 Garand. Sacrilege I know. I can certainly relate to photos of German soldiers carryi

Default Re: Svt-40

Beautiful rifles. The SVT is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I like shooting it even more than the M1 Garand. Sacrilege I know. I can certainly relate to photos of German soldiers carrying SVTs on the Eastern Front. The marks on the barrel appear to me to be lazer engraved, not period to the rifle. Therefore, that would make me think it is some type of import/export mark or maybe identifying who deactivated it. Thanks for showing.

Jay

I would agree with all of Jay's observations.

Lovely rifle.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks everyone!

Regards

?

beauties Ingrid.
    andrew

ian
    ?

very very nice
    cheers ian

Thanks Andrew and Ian!

Regards

Quote by Ingrid Patrouille View Post
    Here she is Nuno! Picked her up at the post office this morning.
    Enjoy this deactivated, 1941 dated SVT-40!!!

Regards
    Hi, what a beauty Ingrid.
    She looks to be in really good condition.
    I like it, thanks for showing.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

?

Those are nice rifles. I have one as well. Just a thought. I don't really know do you like that glossy lacquer finish, that was done in 60s for a long term storage. But one day I'm gonna clean it from mine. War time production didn't have that finish. Most of the times in just was oiled (with a special oil for wood) or slightly mat varnished (middle oak varnish or so)

Thanks Nuno and ph3s!

@ ph3s, I don't mind it was done in the 60s. As long as it protects the wood.
    Please show us yours. Was yours also made in Tula?

Regards

An SVT40 was the first deactivated weapon I ever bought and its still my favorite Regarding the post war finish, I feel its part of the weapons history however its not a particularly rare weapon, so it doesnt bother me when people re-finish them because quite franky some of the finishes on the post war refurbs is terrible

Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast