Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SVT 40 Sniper

Article about: Some photos of the SVT 40. [IMG]http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/samnev_photos/SVT40Sniper04.jpg[/IMG

What is the consensus on the scope retention notch for the 1941 Tula at 1941 Tula SVT 40 (ex-sniper) - Album on Imgur ?

?

The notch shown on your SVT 40 receiver is exactly the same notch on my SVT 40 sniper. The Tula factory notch is a fairly wide deep almost square U shaped notch. I assume it could be a field armorer installed notch especially if the bluing is the same on the rest of the receiver. No way to tell for sure if it is a field expedient notch or a forgery. I am in the same boat with mine.

Quote by samnev View Post
    The notch shown on your SVT 40 receiver is exactly the same notch on my SVT 40 sniper. The Tula factory notch is a fairly wide deep almost square U shaped notch. I assume it could be a field armorer installed notch especially if the bluing is the same on the rest of the receiver. No way to tell for sure if it is a field expedient notch or a forgery. I am in the same boat with mine.
    I know that it can be forged, but does your notch also have a proof mark (e.g. "4") at the bottom of the groove like mine does? Given that the bluing/finish seems to match the rest of the rifle, I think I'll go with "field armorer installed". I can sleep at night that way. :-)

Can someone please post a photo or link to a photo of an authentic, factory produced Tula scope retention notch?

On a semi-related note, does anyone know the significance of the T above the serial number of my Tula SVT at 1941 Tula SVT 40 (ex-sniper) - Album on Imgur ?

I couldn't determine how to delete or edit a post, so, I apologize for posting another reply regarding the requested notch photo. Is this one a factory original example?

SVT 40 Sniper

?

Yes, i would go with "field armorer installed" as well.

Does anyone know what the following marking at the rear left of my SVT 40 receiver could be - hammer and sickle?

SVT 40 Sniper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4