Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm

Article about: Enjoy this Swedish m/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5x22mm.. In 1887 Sweden purchased/adopted the Nagant as a new service revolver intended for officers of the armed forces. The first revolvers were man

Default Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm

Enjoy this Swedish m/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5x22mm.. In 1887 Sweden purchased/adopted the Nagant as a new service revolver intended for officers of the armed forces. The first revolvers were manufactured by Nagant in Belgium. Between 1887-1888 2600 units wre delivered that went to the Army, and between 1891-1893 480 units were delivered to the Navy. The Swedish manufacturer Husquarna took over the manufacturing under licence and approximately 14,000 units were made between 1897-1905.

Some m/87s were converted in 1954-1957 by Svenska Metallverken to fire the .32 ACP. These were used by the Swedish National Shooting Organization and an all volunteer military organization called "Verkskyddet" (responsible for the protection of important state and civilian facilities such as: State Railways, the Royal Telegraph, the Department of Transportation [responsible for bridges and ferries], all power plants and power distribution companies, as well as some strategically important industries). The revolvers also saw service within the volunteer "Home Guard" units, and was also used by special units working with dogs as late as 1989 - using them to fire blanks when training the dogs. I have enclosed a copy of a 1963 ad in the NRA publication American Rifleman where the pistols were sold for $13.95...(THE GOOD OLD DAYS).....BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm   Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm  

Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm   Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Johnnie
    ?

Default Re: Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm

Nice one Bill. Looks to be in super condition. Have you fired it?

Thanks for sharing,

Johnnie

Quote by Johnnie View Post
    Nice one Bill. Looks to be in super condition. Have you fired it?

Thanks for sharing,

Johnnie
    Johnnie, No it is in mint condition and I don't fire it... I had another that I ran several 100 rnds. through and it is a very accurate and pleasant revolver to fire... Some years ago I saw a .22 conversion unit for it for sale at a gun show, I should have picked it up..BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

To my Swedish friends do any of you all have a .22 conversion unit for sale for the M/87 revolver.. Thanks BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 09-07-2008 at 08:08 PM.

I think it is a beauty.Thank you for the great history lesson,I am always eager to learn

These are a few Nagants from my collection,the one with holster belonged to a militarydoctor as you can see on the button.Enjoy images.

Spedini
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm   Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm  

Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm   Swedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm  

One of them is very rare,having the Lieutanant Tornells "cylinder securing".

These are finely made weapons as all Swedish ones are, often found in good or better condition due to Sweden not being involved in any wars over the last 150 odd years and a well run military maintaining them.

Default M-1887 swedish ordnance revolver

Please help me to determine value and what I have.....I have inherited this and am not familiar with guns. I will attach pictures and the note that was with it,

Thanks, KSwedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mmSwedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mmSwedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mmSwedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mmSwedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mmSwedish M/87 Revolver Cal. 7.5mm

Hello-this is a Swiss M1882 revolver, not a Swedish Nagant type-Alterations to the pistol to fire non standard ammunition (it's not in its Swiss service type ammo anymore) will have greatly reduced its value to a collector-someone would probably still want to have it as a shooter in a much easier/cheaper to get ammo type though. Value would depend on what country you are in and the condition it's in, especially the bore of the barrel as its value is pretty much entirely in how it will shoot now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast