Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swedish M87 revolver question

Article about: Hello everyone, I have an M87 Swedish revolver in 7.5, that I am curious about. Its in excellent original condition as far as I can tell. The thing that puzzles me is the lack of a serial nu

?

Default Swedish M87 revolver question

Hello everyone,
    I have an M87 Swedish revolver in 7.5, that I am curious about. Its in excellent original condition as far as I can tell. The thing that puzzles me is the lack of a serial number. There is no serial number anywhere on the revolver. It has proof marks on the frame and cylinder, but no maker name or serial number.There is a crown with a "c" under it where other M87 revolvers have their serial numbers. It has not been scrubbed and appears to be in excellent original blue. Has anyone encountered this before? Could it indicate an early revolver? Could it be a proof pistol? As I likely won't be keeping it, I am also looking for a value on it. Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Paul G-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M87 revolver question   Swedish M87 revolver question  

Swedish M87 revolver question   Swedish M87 revolver question  

?

Here are some more pics. Thanks

Paul G-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M87 revolver question   Swedish M87 revolver question  

?

Any ideas?? Thanks

PG-

?

This is indeed an interesting revolver. I'm a Swedish weaponcollector with a special interest in the Swedish model 1887 revolver and I have over the years obtained 18 of them with different variations but I have never seen any like yours. The crowned C indicates that it was produced at Carl Gustafs stads gevärsfaktori in Eskilstuna , Sweden. That factory was famous for producing the Swedish mauser rifle and the Swedish K sub machine gun but they were not known to have produced handguns in modern times. The factory existed between 1812 to 2009. The Swedish model 87 revolver was produced between 1894 (?) to 1905 at Huskvarna vapenfabriks AB wich lies in a different Town in sweden. Therefor your speciment is very unusual. I have heard of it but I thought it was a myth. It is also different because your gun has a round barrel and it should be octagonal. I have followed the gun auctions in sweden for the past 15 years and I have never seen a model 1887 revolver from Eskilstuna for sale. The lack of numbers on it indicates that it was made as a prototype or testseries by a weapons officer at Eskilstuna . If it were sold on a gun auction in Sweden I Think it would go for maybe 1000 dolars or more due to its scarcity. A normal 1887 revolver usualy goes for 100-300 dollars.

?

Thank You Nagant! That was very helpful. Also very interesting indeed.

PG-

Default M-1887 swedish ordnance revolver.....???

You seem very knowledgeable , can you help me with a gun I inherited? This is the info and a few pictures I have of it. Thank you,

KSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver questionSwedish M87 revolver question

?

Dear Sir !
    That's not a swedish revolver. It's a Swiss ordonance revolver modell 1882. Sweden and switzerland are different countries. Swiss revolvers are of high quality ( switzerland is famous for high quality watches etc). On your révolver you can see the swiss cross on the grip plate.

Quote by nagant View Post
    Dear Sir !
    That's not a swedish revolver. It's a Swiss ordonance revolver modell 1882. Sweden and switzerland are different countries. Swiss revolvers are of high quality ( switzerland is famous for high quality watches etc). On your révolver you can see the swiss cross on the grip plate.
    Thank you, that is very helpful! I am just an old retired grandmother and needed some info, in case I decided to sell. Again thank you!

K

Thank you for your help with my Swiss 1882 revolver! I have been offered $400 for my gun, is that a fair price? I was told the ammo was expensive and hard to find.
    Again I appreciate your help, I am an old retired grandmother, my sister and I inherited this gun and are trying to decide what to do with it!
    Thank,
    K

Perhaps a little low but not by much-worth looking up the prices being asked on trading sites-Swiss model 1882 revolver 7.5mm cal-yours would be classed about fair to good condition IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast