MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37

Article about: A few weeks ago in an Axis Pistol holster thread ,I told the story of my Femaru holster.A nice 1941 dated canvas holster.I mentioned that I was looking for a nice Femaru to fill it.To refres

Default Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37

A few weeks ago in an Axis Pistol holster thread ,I told the story of my Femaru holster.A nice 1941 dated canvas holster.I mentioned that I was looking for a nice Femaru to fill it.To refresh here is the holster
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37  

Default Re: Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37

Often I buy a really cool holster and then become inspired to find the gun.This week my friend called me and said"I found your Femaru" and he was right.Here she is a jhv 41 P. Mod.37 kal 7,65
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37   Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37  

Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37   Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37  

Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37   Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37  

Did you notice the dropping holster,an added bonus .The pistol came as a complete rig.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37   Tale of the Gun:Hungarian Femaru P Mod.37  

Say it aint so,capture papers too?Oh yeah!!

History:Still's Axis Pistols Vol.II,pg 125
    "In 1941, the Luftwaffe,through the German Army Acceptance Office ( Heereswaffenampt) placed an order for 50,000 Model 1937 Femaru in caliber 7.65mm and with a manual safety."
    "Most of the jhv 41 variation M37 went to the Luftwaffe.All reported M37 holsters bear Luftwaffe acceptance stamps;"

Both my holsters have the Luftwaffe acceptance stamps

Very nice gun and leather!
    Thank you very much for showing.

Laplander

Very nice pistol and holsters. Not one we see over here in the UK very often. What are they like to shoot?

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.

Great looking M37.. You really gotta love these little Hungarian pistols...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice pistol and holsters. Not one we see over here in the UK very often. What are they like to shoot?

Thanks for showing it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade,I have never fired one.I don't shoot my collectables so I may never know.It feels pretty nice in the hand though.I like the extended finger groove magazine.The capture papers are very interesting to me.Thanks to all for the nice comments.

It looks really well made and at first glance it looks almost like a 9mm, the extended mag being the big giveaway.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast