Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thompson serial number help.

Article about: Not only were they supplied as individual small arms, they were also supplied as part of the standard kit that went in the Shermans. The Russians pulled them out and stored them b/c they did

Default Thompson serial number help.

Hey,

I have been talking to this guy who has a Thompson M1 for sale, he says that is was used in ww2 at the eastern front.

I just wanted to know if there is any way to tell when this was made, by the serial number: 162276.

Thanks,

/Mick

Default Re: Thompson serial number help.

The eastern front???

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    The eastern front???
    Lol, taken by the germans in normandy and brought to the eastern frondt. but the soldier had to go back for some ammo hahaha

I got the info from him. - He said that the machine gun was part of a Lend-lease agreement, where the US, Britain and so on, send guns to Russia to fight off the Germans. Its from 42-43.

Quote by DarkEagle View Post
    Lol, taken by the germans in normandy and brought to the eastern frondt. but the soldier had to go back for some ammo hahaha
    haha lol

/Mick

Unhappy Re: Thompson serial number help.

Quote by Mickzilla View Post
    I got the info from him. - He said that the machine gun was part of a Lend-lease agreement, where the US, Britain and so on, send guns to Russia to fight off the Germans. Its from 42-43.
    Nar, I think he's talking rubbish mate! It probably is a WW2 Thompson, but I think he's just making up a tale to push the sale!

Is it a deact? How much does he want for it?

It is a deact, he wants about £600.

Here is some pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thompson serial number help.   Thompson serial number help.  

Thompson serial number help.   Thompson serial number help.  

Quote by Mickzilla View Post
    It is a deact, he wants about £600.
    Is it stripable, and does it cock and dry fire? If so, £600 is about the right price.

Don't get taken in by the eastern front story though mate. I'm not aware of any Thompsons going to Russia! Not to mention, they're .45 cal. The Russians didn't have the ammunition for a Tommy gun!

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Is it stripable, and does it cock and dry fire? If so, £600 is about the right price.

Don't get taken in by the eastern front story though mate. I'm not aware of any Thompsons going to Russia! Not to mention, they're .45 cal. The Russians didn't have the ammunition for a Tommy gun!
    It does cock and dry fire.
    Thanks a lot for the help mate I think i'm going to go for it. Ill post some pictures if he sells it to me.

Cherrs,

/Mick

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast