Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

Article about: Usally don't have an issue with many other milsurp rifles but I finally broke down and bought a kickpad for my steyr m95/34. After last weekends range day of 20 rounds of 8x56r and another 6

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I think a BB gun might be about right
    Dang...Larry just threw some massive shade my way.

But...Yes..i admit, I'm a certified lightweight.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by MAP View Post

Careful you "Don't shoot your eye out Michael "... !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Careful you "Don't shoot your eye out Michael "... !!
    It was an Icicle!!!!! Not the BB!!!!!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Have a great night guys !! BTW I am in Olean, NY. If time permits sometime we need to grab a "Brew".... G
    Attached Images Attached Images Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle. 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Headed to Minneapolis on Monday. Annual shooters roundup next weekend. Where's Rossi?

Quote by MAP View Post

Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

Don't worry, Map. I have you hooked up!

MAP
    ?

im the whipping boy this week it appears....lol

But my pistol of choice is my 1911. For that I will NOT wimp out.

But it's only the shoulder which doesn't like the kick. Not the hands...

I'll be the whipping boy next week. An alternation thing..

Not at all - it is way too easy to be tough on the internet - you're being honest, which is refreshing.

You started a productive conversation, mentioning a way you had come up with making the M95 more pleasant to shoot, go on almost any actual shooting site dealing with C+R and you will read about how unpleasant the M95 is to shoot, that and the cost of ammo is the reason you can still pick them up for $200 or so.
    People buy them to start their collection and sell them after shooting them for any amount of time - !

There will always be guys who seem to get pleasure, or pride out of telling stories of how strong they are, on the internet it is doubly so, because we're not standing in front of them.
    AZPhil seems like a good guy with a sense of humor, and I am sure he is saying everything with a smile on his face.
    He would shoot 20 rounds through the M95 and I'm pretty sure if he planned on shooting another 20, he'd ask for your shoulder pad, unless he looks like the Incredible Hulk, which he may well do, but you get my point.

Carry on - and do not feel bad.

I've shoot, .600 Nitro Express and .45-70 modern with a Brass projectile, that kicks like the Hammer of Thor, and I still dislike the g33-40 which shoots the standard 7,9x57mm - the design of some of these old guns is just weird, and it's tough to shoot them comfortably, although with time, I guess.

?

"AZPhil seems like a good guy with a sense of humor, and I am sure he is saying everything with a smile on his face."

I am indeed Pitfighter

When the Marines show me their bruised shoulder, I lift up my sleeve and share mine!!!

The thick wool uniforms worn by the gents who used these in times of war ,really makes sense when you have put more than 20 rounds down range. I think about those that had to put 100's of rounds a day and were wearing much thinner material. To add to that they were of a much smaller stature than we are. Well some of us

All in good fun Gent's!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast