Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

Article about: Usally don't have an issue with many other milsurp rifles but I finally broke down and bought a kickpad for my steyr m95/34. After last weekends range day of 20 rounds of 8x56r and another 6

Default Tired of the recoil on my favorite rifle.

Usally don't have an issue with many other milsurp rifles but I finally broke down and bought a kickpad for my steyr m95/34. After last weekends range day of 20 rounds of 8x56r and another 60 or so 7.62x54, 8mm mauser, and British .303 through various rifles my shoulder was a throbbing mess. The steyr m95/34 was the main culprit. Even the enfield jungle carbine was a love tap compared to the steyr. I refuse to stop shooting one of my top 3 favorites so I made an adjustment. For those of you who experience the same thing, the 3rd pic down is the recoil pad that fits absolutely perfect and runs about $25 USD.

Good idea, my shoulder was pretty bruised after firing a VZ58 and AKM, as you know that's only 7.62x39!...

I've been shooting firearms pretty much my entire life and I absolutely love the straight pull steyr but its a beast!

I don't feel so bad now. Watching some YouTube videos I found a guy actually using some kind of big pillow to reduce his steyr recoil.

MAP
    ?

Don't laugh...I'm thin and any recoil leaves a bruise for me (hence why I shoot 22 and 223 now). But my point is...I've used small camp pillows, socks, rags stuffed in my jacket. Ugly but it works. Oh I remember that day shooting 45-70 and 10 gauge...thinking I was tough
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah a 10 gauge is pretty rough.

I'm 5'11 with 200lbs and I wish I had brought a pillow with me last weekend.

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I'm 5'11 with 200lbs and I wish I had brought a pillow with me last weekend.
    150 (ok maybe 155) at 5' 8". Yes, that 10 gauge was tough. A very old gun with a metal buttstock. For the lever 45-70 my friend dared me to shoot the whole tube rapidly. I think I got to two and then handed it back to him.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Pachmayr has always made good products and reasonably priced. For many years, I had a Savage 12 gauge magnum double barrel that I applied one of these slip on shock absorbers to. It had a nearly straight stock and would kick like a rabid mule, but was a great goose gun. The Pachmayr worked perfectly.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Pachmayr has always made good products and reasonably priced. For many years, I had a Savage 12 gauge magnum double barrel that I applied one of these slip on shock absorbers to. It had a nearly straight stock and would kick like a rabid mule, but was a great goose gun. The Pachmayr worked perfectly.
    I would still be in pain!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast