Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tokarev TT-30

Article about: Hello folks. This was the second deact I ever bought, and one of only two pistols that I own. World Wide Arms, a popular deact seller here in the UK, were selling them in bulk. The idea was

Default Tokarev TT-30

Hello folks.

This was the second deact I ever bought, and one of only two pistols that I own. World Wide Arms, a popular deact seller here in the UK, were selling them in bulk. The idea was that you paid a set price, and they sent you one piece out of their stock. A luck of the draw, so to speak. Having seen other pistols that came out of this stock, I feel I was very lucky.
    A TT-30, the predecessor of the better-known TT-33. Most easily identifiable by the removable section on the back of the grip strap. This part is serial numbered separately, and on mine matches the lower part of the weapon. The slide is dated to the same year - 1935 - but has a slightly lower serial number. Every piece is stamped with a Soviet star.
    The finish appears original to the weapon, and it has its original 'CCCP' grips. Being a pre-EU spec deact, it can be fully stripped down, although I haven't tried. The thing is covered in markings which I can't identify.
    A nice piece, and one that has pride of place on the wall with my other Soviet firearms.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tokarev TT-30   Tokarev TT-30  

Tokarev TT-30   Tokarev TT-30  

Tokarev TT-30   Tokarev TT-30  

Tokarev TT-30  

I've shot a few rounds out of the later TT33 in Krakow, that 7.62×25mm cartridge is quite a hot round!....

That's why the Russians preferred it, I believe. Did a better job of penetrating thick winter clothing than the German pistols did.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Nice piece.

I remember when these flooded the US market (fully functional) back in the 80's. You could pick one up for next to nothing. Most were post war but every now and then you could find a real gem...too bad I never bought one
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Don't they have to be fitted with an additional manual safety to be sold on the US market?

B.B.

?

I have a nice bring back from Vietnam great pistol to shoot

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Don't they have to be fitted with an additional manual safety to be sold on the US market?

B.B.
    Yes the current imports do but not the ones that were imported in the 80's

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Yes the current imports do but not the ones that were imported in the 80's

Semper Fi
    Phil
    ahhh...the golden 80's....life was so much simpler then...and the music was better as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Those were the good ole day's !! Pre Norinco ban days!!

Semper Fi

Phil

Another nice pick up for you B.B. The department I work for tested the 7.62X25 years ago. It would go through the old vests but not the newer IIa. I think it was the metal core 93 grain that penetrated older vests. Like you said Gunny, super hot round for sure.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast