Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tokarev TT-33 Firing Pin Retaining Pin

Article about: Yes, its happened to me aswell. Had some friends over and the discussion eventually changed to my deacts, they got mucking about with Tokarev TT-33 and unfortunately the retaining pin for th

Default Tokarev TT-33 Firing Pin Retaining Pin

Yes, its happened to me aswell. Had some friends over and the discussion eventually changed to my deacts, they got mucking about with Tokarev TT-33 and unfortunately the retaining pin for the firing pin broke. I understand that this happens time and time again so a replacement shouldnt be any problem to find, however the only places I can find that sell them are in the US. Even though its a small piece of metal I'm sure that customs or the law would have something against it, and I'd rather stay on the right side of the law. Is there any UK sellers of such pieces, if not would there be any restrictions if I was to buy one from the US?

Thanks

Danny

Default Re: Tokarev TT-33 Firing Pin Retaining Pin

Danny,
    I had an old belgian obsolete calibre pistol which had broken years ago and would not cock, parts impossible to source i took it to my local firearms dealer who gladly machined up the part required and fixed it for me.....
    theres always a way

?

Hi Danny
    Think weve been here before somewhere. Have a look for thread from ToxicGas.He had this problem and was offered some suggestions as to what to do.Sure he can give some advice as to what he did to fix his pistol. Good Luck!!

I remember the thread, even commented on it offering to machine a replacement part. However I have now sadly sold almost all of my metalworking tools I'll have a look to see if there was anything there that is promising. I've had a look on gunbroker and theres quite a few there. However even though its little bit of metal it wouldnt suprise me if UK laws have something against it

Thanks guys

Danny

About a month ago picked up this Vietnam bringback RusianTT-33 pistol. The firing pin retaining pin only had about 5/8 of it's original length left. Untill I could locate a replacement, I took a length of welding rod slightly larger in diameter than the pin, cut it to about a 2 1/2 inches. Then chucked it in an electric drill, and using a file then emery cloth, reduced the rod to a size that just fit snug. With a slight taper to the end of the pin,cut it to the proper lenght. Used a wooden tooth pick, to judge how long the pin needed to be before cutting.Took the pistol to the range and fired 160 rounds of ammo. The new pin allowed the pistol to function fine, and it never worked loose. When the replacement ($20) pin arrived, simply use a drift pin to drive the homemade pin out, then installed the original relacement pin. Worked fine ,no harm done, and kept the home made pin fo a spare just in case. Hope this helps. A couple of photos of the Tokarev with the home made pin still installed.