Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trading my G41 duv, so took some pics.

Article about: Well, as any collector knows, trading a treasured item initiates mixed emotions. I have had both designs of G41, the Mauser variant, and this one, which was the Walther version. Early units

Default Trading my G41 duv, so took some pics.

Well, as any collector knows, trading a treasured item initiates mixed emotions.
    I have had both designs of G41, the Mauser variant, and this one, which was the Walther version.
    Early units were marked G41(W) - until that distinction ceased to be necessary, when it was simply designated the G41, as this was. It was made at the "duv" coded factory.

I had planned never to trade the G41(m) - but I was never particularly keen on the rifle, my interest is history, and the battles and politics that went into the world scene, a poor design based on an unrealistic mandate, that never served anyone well, didn;t really fall into my area of collecting - and when I traded the first rifle I was so excited about what I got in exchange I haven't really missed it from my collection - I also photographed the hell out of it, which made the loss easier to bare.

The G41duv was fielded more than the (m) version, but it is a clunky, unrefined and ugly rifle, thanks to ignoring some of the points in the government mandate (siphoning gas directly from holes in the barrel), it is more efficient than the Mauser G41, but that is not saying much.

I have decided to focus on the more exciting collecting fields for me - items associated with interesting regiments, battles, moments in history. Not just firearms for the sake of firearms, rare because they are rare, items. Also, I like shooting my guns, so no more items I am too scared to take to the range. I know this is heresy for many, but it is now my mandate, lol.

Here the photos from the afternoon, to those that are familiar with my collection there are several primo items not photographed here - they are still here but being worked on.

Pit.

Default Re: Trading my G41 duv, so took some pics.

Cont'd.
    PS. I was not the one that used what looks from the scratches like a plumber's wrench to remove the muzzle device!!!!!!

The stock number is matching, but this photo doesn't show it, well, lol -

Pit.

Then the stuff that had to be shifted around, lol -

G33-40

K98 BYF43 all matching.

MP40

MG34 almost matching, lol.

Pit.

Then the group portrait...
    (DISCLOSURE!!!!!! Not everything here fires, and there is at least one modern reproduction.)

Pit.
    Last edited by pitfighter; 06-06-2013 at 02:14 AM.

Just LOVELY

Sure a shame to see that great Walther G41 go, but we can't keep everything forever, hey? Hope you got a great deal for it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The G41 and my '84 Reichsrevolver traded for something Russian, belt fed and water cooled and I am very, very happy.

Pit.

Wow!! Thanks for showing an awesome collection Pitfighter. Am sitting here drooling. My collection is a bit smaller due to my interest in modern hunting rifles also. Love your collection of bayonets. Have to find one for my Kar 98k. Amazing how prices have skyrocketed since the 60s and 70s. Again thanks for sharing a great collection.

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    The G41 and my '84 Reichsrevolver traded for something Russian, belt fed and water cooled and I am very, very happy.

Pit.

A maxim????

Ha - it has not arrived yet - I am superstitious, pics and info. when it arrives!

Here is the G41(m) - following the theory of - if there are no photos it didn't happen/doesn't exist, lol.

Happy D-Day, fellow Gentlemen collectors!

Pit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast