Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Trying to build an MP40.

Article about: Hi all currently trying to assemble a relic mp40, I only have this much so far but I still need the front barell and bakelite sidegrips. I can get the sidegrips on ebay, even repro ones if I

few updated pictures of better condition relic mag added, makes all the difference I think, misplaced the muzzle cap so ordering another..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to build an MP40.   Trying to build an MP40.  

Trying to build an MP40.  

Nice work, it is good to see a project come together.

It looks superb and congratulations on a tasteful restoration

just got a relic butt stock for mp40 for £20, states parts are stuck so I could try cutting the middle of connecting bits and bend it and snap it onto the bit where it should fit the back of the MP40 body

Great thread, thanks for sharing, amazed that I've missed this ... I have a few questions though ...

- How much is this project cost you?
    - Have you had any problems getting the parts into the UK?
    - What is the legality of this, have you had to notify the police or get a firearms certificate?

Just asking as I'd be interested in doing the same...
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    Great thread, thanks for sharing, amazed that I've missed this ... I have a few questions though ...

- How much is this project cost you?
    - Have you had any problems getting the parts into the UK?
    - What is the legality of this, have you had to notify the police or get a firearms certificate?

difficult to estimate what its cost me so far, I sold a rare deleted game off steam for £180 so that gave me a good boost, id say around £300-£350 o_o

no problems getting any parts in the UK

The state its in I dont need a certificate etc, this is why im keeping the gun hollow and just a shell with no moving parts, no innards, no firing/trigger mechanisms etc etc, the barrel is blocked and only good to use as an ornament.

what gun are you thinking of doing a project on? I have chunks of an STG44 too but its in bits and its so mangled and twisted theres no point in me making a relic STG44 from what I have.

I like the idea of the MP40, I've started checking out fleabay- but doesn't seem a lot about at the minute.
    "Per Ardua"

I like the idea of the MP40, I've started checking out fleabay- but doesn't seem a lot about at the minute.
    the parts will be there its just ebay search can be a bit funny sometimes, often u have to use .co.uk then .com for differant results and change the search too like "MP40 RELIC" "MP40 PART" or "ww2 german relic" sometimes brings up mp40 parts that werent in the "mp40 relic part/relic" search, perseverance

firearms

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast