Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?

Article about: Hello to everyone. I have searched the internet high and low, and I can not find another Tokarev like the one that I have. From what I have learned about them, I am thinking that the one tha

MrOrange
    ?

Default Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?

Hello to everyone. I have searched the internet high and low, and I can not find another Tokarev like the one that I have. From what I have learned about them, I am thinking that the one that I have is a Chinese Type 51, but I am certainly not sure. The most interesting thing about mine is that it has only one mark of any sort. There is a 5 clearly stamped on the underside of the top slide (you can see it in the picture below). Other than that, this one is plain Jane. There are no import marks, no serial numbers, nothing. I thought that this might be an M20, but even those seem to have serial numbers. Can anyone make heads or tales out of this one? Thank you to everyone for their help with this. Oh, and I found this forum VIA my Google researching session on the Tokarevs. Thanks again guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?   Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?  

Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?   Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?  

Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?  

Default Re: Trying to ID this Tokarev Pistol...Are you an expert?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would say this is a Chinese made version? But even the few of these I have handled have been marked.

I would have expected to a Soviet TT33 to have the "CCCP" marked grip plates.

Cheers, Ade.

China mfg. sterilized M-20.....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

fanna
    ?

it is definately a chinese m20 tokarev .
    google "tokarev m20 " and there it is , the identical as ur picture