Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Article about: Thanks for the clarification. I thought that the marks being made at two separate times (ten years apart) as kanister mentions implied military servicing. Mat

Default TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Just acquired a new TT-30 Tokarev, my first example after handling a few TT-33s. I noticed it has some interesting marks stamped into it, which I'm presuming are manufacturer's marks, but I couldn't find anything on them by searching. The deer skull symbol is particularly interesting, I've never encountered that. Could anyone please assist? I'd be very interested to learn, I'd like to start decoding all of the markings on my Soviet weapons.

Thanks, Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification   TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification  

TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification   TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification  

TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification  

Default Re: TT-30 Tokarev- marking identification

Hi Matt, I don't think these markings are Soviet: one give away would be the use of the letter "S". This does not exist in the Russian Cyrillic alphabet. The Russians use what looks like a "C" to us Westerners as an "S". Likewise with the "G", this would be an "r" in Cyrillic.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'm sorry I can't be of any help with this, Mat. I did an image search with your pics but came up with nothing so far.
    Nice looking pistol!
    Good luck!

Luke

Hi Matt, did this come from Worldwide Arms?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

How odd.
    And to think we both got excited, and managed to completely forget about the Cyrillic alphabet.
    Do you think you could contact the seller and ask 'em if he knows where it has been?

?

Rogge is right,they are Italian proofmarks.....italian proof marks guns - Google Search
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Yes, these are Italian Proof marks: BP means that this gun was test proofed on year 2001 at the Gardone Proof house.
    Cat. 2878 is another Italian oddity that was impressed on every gun imported or produced in Italy till year 2011.

Thanks for the help all! That's a surprise verdict, the non-Cyrillic markings never even crossed my mind. This is indeed from WWA Ade. I assume the Italian markings mean military service use then? I had no idea they used Soviet weapons, it's interesting how these things travel. Is it known from when the Italians started importing these? All I can safely assume is that it was post-war...

Mat

Not an Italian service weapon!-the proofs just mean it was in Italy in recent years. rather like the US import marks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast