Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tula SVT-40 Sniper Variant

Article about: Hi Ade, Yes I have seen the reproductions, I have given them a thought, I would like to keep it all ww2 period, and obviously because itís deactivated they would never be used in anger as it

Default Re: Tula SVT-40 Sniper Variant

Nice scopes ! What are you doing with them ? What rifles do you own ?? SO you think an original scope with a repro mount would work ??

Cheers M

It seems a bit 'spendy' to me, particularly considering what you have in the rifle! Pictures 4 and 6 show the CB marked turrets.
    If you have to have one today that is a decent scope, but I purchased my (on the E even) for less......

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    I Meyerse

Sorry I did not make it clear, it is deactivated, we cant own these weapons here in their natural state. I paid £135 for it with shipping so I am very happy !

I think ZIB Militaria do a repro scope for 160 euros

WHat do think of the scope on fleabay I posted ?

Cheers
    M

is it really a 1984 refurb mark or is it 1964, if it is 1984 please post a link!

Here is a question for you guys !! Just saw another 1942 dated scope on fleabay, and now that Ade mentioned it, I can just about see a refurb marking of 1984. Do you think there is much chance of getting one of these without these markings ???

Quote by meyerse View Post
    is it really a 1984 refurb mark or is it 1964, if it is 1984 please post a link!
    Just checked again, its 1964r, its difficult to see, the seller is trying not to show it

Just for me, it would look better with a correct scope. Plus you are going to spend $200 on a fake one...Honestly if you are patient, you can get a SVT profile scope for not much more than this and I wouldn't worry about the CB marks, or maybe not even the year marking (SVT profile scopes continued to be made through 1944 though they were used on the PU Mosin.

However, that is just ME.

Nice scopes ! What are you doing with them ? What rifles do you own ?? SO you think an original scope with a repro mount would work ??

Cheers M

Just for me, it would look better with a correct scope. Plus you are going to spend $200 on a fake one...Honestly if you are patient, you can get a SVT profile scope for not much more than this and I wouldn't worry about the CB marks, or maybe not even the year marking (SVT profile scopes continued to be made through 1944 though they were used on the PU Mosin.

However, that is just ME.
    Hi

Are you talking about the scope mount ??

This scope here is a real one is it ??? Obviously it is not with a mount ?

WWII ORIGINAL Russian SVT-40 SVT-38 Tokarev Sniper Scope 1941

Cheers

Yes that scope has CB marked turets so it was probably recalibrated for a M91/30. Again this is a decent scope, but a bit on the expensive side to me.

Hi

Are you talking about the scope mount ??

This scope here is a real one is it ??? Obviously it is not with a mount ?

WWII ORIGINAL Russian SVT-40 SVT-38 Tokarev Sniper Scope 1941

Cheers

Yes that scope has CB marked turets so it was probably recalibrated for a M91/30. Again this is a decent scope, but a bit on the expensive side to me.
    Ahh I see what you mean, but I guess it will never be fired so wouldn't be a problem. if you see a nice one for sale, let me know, thanks for your input !

No worries, I looked on the E and that Kharkov one is the most ''correct'' one up on the sight at the moment, but patience will pay dividends......

Look here at picture 6, a legit Kazan scope but one that has had lense work done during refurb I suspect (coated lenses).
    1944 Kazan PU Scope Original Mount Very RARE Mosin Nagant Sniper Scope WW2 | eBay

To your other question, I have several loose PU scopes - mounts laying about. I've got a few Soviet optical devices which is my interest.
    I also have two PU snipers at home in the USA>

No worries, I looked on the E and that Kharkov one is the most ''correct'' one up on the sight at the moment, but patience will pay dividends......

Look here at picture 6, a legit Kazan scope but one that has had lense work done during refurb I suspect (coated lenses).
    1944 Kazan PU Scope Original Mount Very RARE Mosin Nagant Sniper Scope WW2 | eBay

To your other question, I have several loose PU scopes - mounts laying about. I've got a few Soviet optical devices which is my interest.
    I also have two PU snipers at home in the USA>
    Any chance of seeing them ??? Yes I will be patient, no rush

The guy also has this one

WWII ORIGINAL Russian SVT-40 SVT-38 Tokarev Sniper Scope 1943

Cheers

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast