Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tula SVT-40 Sniper Variant

Article about: Hi Ade, Yes I have seen the reproductions, I have given them a thought, I would like to keep it all ww2 period, and obviously because it’s deactivated they would never be used in anger as it

Default Re: Tula SVT-40 Sniper Variant

Yes, I saw that one, it was the most interesting one to me, a nice clean Kazan with no obvious refurb marks and in an SVT profile (but clearly used on a M91/30). But still over priced!

The one next to the Kharkov scope in the earlier picture was a black painted Kransnogorsk scope (aluminum body and note the turret covers).

Below is a silvered Kransnogorsk scope (1943) and a 1940 progress scope that most certainly started its life on a SVT.

Here is the repro mount I mentioned:

Scope Mount, Sniper, Reproduction Gun Parts | 1047040 | Numrich Gun Parts

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nice pair of scopes !! I may have a haggle over that other scope, thanks for showing !!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.
    Cheers Ade, its alot cheaper than the one on Zib, will have to have a proper look at that one !!

Quote by meyerse View Post
    Yes, I saw that one, it was the most interesting one to me, a nice clean Kazan with no obvious refurb marks and in an SVT profile (but clearly used on a M91/30). But still over priced!
    Hi

How can you see it was used on a M91/30 Mosin, I am in the early days of this field !!! Cheers

Thanks, at that price I might pick one up!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Hi

How can you see it was used on a M91/30 Mosin, I am in the early days of this field !!! Cheers
    The serial number starts with 43, so for a Kazan, this means a 1943 manufacture date. By this time they had abandoned the SVT sniper and were making thousands upon thousands of PU-M91/30 snipers.

I'm always looking for more Soviet stuff! If you have something to trade for the Kharkov scope we could work something out (like a Kharkov TP-4 perhaps?)

Seth

Quote by meyerse View Post
    The serial number starts with 43, so for a Kazan, this means a 1943 manufacture date. By this time they had abandoned the SVT sniper and were making thousands upon thousands of PU-M91/30 snipers.

I'm always looking for more Soviet stuff! If you have something to trade for the Kharkov scope we could work something out (like a Kharkov TP-4 perhaps?)

Seth
    Nice one, cheers Seth ! Thanks for the information

I dont really have alot of Soviet items apart from medals and stuff, this is a new interest for me, what is a Kharkov TP-4 ??

Cheers

Attachment 450243
    Sniper's Periscope. Kharkov was one of the makers.
    Here is a TP-4 (bottom) and a TP-8 (top) in my collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast