Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Type 38 Carbine Mystery

Article about: I've inherited a Type 38 Carbine, or what I think is a Type 38 Carbine with no series mark. I know it was made in the Kokura arsenal, but not much else. The pictures I took are too big to po

willifordg
    ?

Default Type 38 Carbine Mystery

I've inherited a Type 38 Carbine, or what I think is a Type 38 Carbine with no series mark.
    I know it was made in the Kokura arsenal, but not much else.
    The pictures I took are too big to post so I've placed them in a folder on my Google Drive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...lVTZ3dWc0paeFk

?

Hey Willi,
    Welcome to the forum. You have picked a great site to ask your question's.
    But one thing. Could you post the pic's directly to the forum and not use a hosting site. The thread will remain here for all to learn something. But if using a hosting site the pic will vanish into obscurity and be of no use at all in the future.
    Looking forward to seeing the pic's. If you need help posting them there is a sticky post on uploading pic's that will help you out.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Welcome Will.

It's a mystery to me as well but I know we have Arisaka geeks here who should have an opinion.

I know you tried to post the photos and understand you are a new member so no worries. But we really like the photos directly uploaded so that this post will be relevant as a teaching tool for years to come.

Can you compress the photos and re-upload them?

Regards,

M

Edit: Well...by bud beat me to it!!!!! LoL...he was always a faster typer.

Here is an easy guide to upload

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Also a free and literally fool proof photo resizer is called "Fast Image Resizer". No bugs, no spyware...excellent.

Fast Image Resizer - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm 2 months late but yes its a type 38 arisaka. 6.5x50mm ammunition.. Two holes in the top of the receiver and the stock grove only a half inch away from the barrel band will always be the giveaway of a type 38 vs. 99.

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I'm 2 months late but yes its a type 38 arisaka. 6.5x50mm ammunition.. Two holes in the top of the receiver and the stock grove only a half inch away from the barrel band will always be the giveaway of a type 38 vs. 99.
    One post wonder Cuz...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yeah but I knew the answer lol.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Yeah but I knew the answer lol.
    LOL!!! Yeah we did also. Just waiting for a reply from the OP to see if its was a one timer like michael mentioned

Semper Fi
    Phil

willifordg
    ?

Type 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine MysteryType 38 Carbine Mystery

Couldn't edit my original post I guess admin disabled my account for being a one time poster. Anyway here are the pictures posted inline as requested.

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the photos. Sorry for the comment . Just something we see time and again. Glad you got the access rights again and the info you needed