Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Type I japanese carcano

Article about: does anyone own a type I japanese rifle? A fellow has one for sale and I am not all that interested, but if we can agree on a price and it looks as good as he says it does. He is asking 300.

MAP
    ?

Wow, looks more like an Arisaka than a Carcano.

Here is a good link for you on these. I love Nambu world.

Nambu World: Type I Rifle
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is why I think I may get it because people do think about the Italian carcano and the type I does look more like the type38 but a little heavier.

?

So, Based on what I see.. The type one is a single shot bolt action rifle devoid of a stripper clip type of loading.
    And were these sporsterized still fed manually with a spring loading type capacity magazine ??? Just curious..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

G,

The Italian Carcano has an Enblock style clip like a Garand. However after firing the last round (or after loading a new enblock clip...I forgot) it dropped out of the bottom of the magazine well

As for the Japanese Carcano, it looks like it was loaded with a stripper type clips but have never seen one (except for these pictures on nambu world) so cant be sure

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The type I held 5 rounds, and shoots a 6.5mm round.
    Last edited by tank destroyer; 07-14-2015 at 05:52 AM.

Why, I wonder, would the Japanese, who already had several very fine and serviceable rifles, even bother looking to purchase a clunker like the Carcano? It would be like the Germans buying a rifle from Spain or Brazil...Strange vagaries of war, I suppose...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Japanese industrial potential was limited in comparison to many countries prior to WW2-remember they were building and maintaining a large army, navy and air forces-the main reason they went to war in 1941 was for the industrial raw materials needed to fight a modern war and build a modern war machine-Italy was a major arms exporter pre war as they needed the money to attempt to build and maintain their own forces-Italy also exported aircraft to Japan, chiefly the Fiat BR20 bomber. It should be noted that Italian made equipment ended up with countries on the Allied side eg Greece, Norway, the Axis eg Romania, Finland and neutrals eg Sweden.

?

The last one I saw that was in excellent condition and sold for $250 US. But that was 7 years ago. $300 seems like a decent price if it's in excellent condition. IIRC the one I saw was made by Berreta.

The one for sale is also made by Berreta . I was told it does have the cleaning rod and a possible really good thing he said quote " it has a brass cover over the muzzle, I guess to keep the Jap from digging the barrel in the ground". If the muzzle cover is real that is worth 50-100.00 on its own. We will see when I get there. Marty

MAP
    ?

Go get it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast