Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

UK deact hysteria - here we go again.......

Article about: In today's London Evening Standard ; - You have to read down a bit to see the word 'deactivated'. Anyone know of any gun crime carried out in London with a Bren ? ( I suppose you could hit s

Thumbs down UK deact hysteria - here we go again.......

In today's London Evening Standard ; -

UK deact hysteria - here we go again.......

You have to read down a bit to see the word 'deactivated'.

Anyone know of any gun crime carried out in London with a Bren ?

( I suppose you could hit someone over the head with it..... )

Yes, the same old ridiculous nonsense, implying these things are dangerous and whipping up hysteria.

Haven't this years hideous UK attacks been blade, explosive or vehicle dominated??...I suppose "Man hit on head with inert gun-shaped piece of metal" doesn't sell Papers as well as "Machineguns"..... This type of journalism helps no one

Deactivated the clues in the title.why would you even consider handing in two of the best LMG's ever built.........

I think these journalists have spent a bit too much time watching Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels!
    Mention the word 'gun' in this country, and the panic and hysteria commences. Last I checked, nobody has ever robbed a bank with a Bren, or mugged someone with an MG42. (Although it would be very amusing to watch them try!)
    I'd love to see the looks on these people's faces if they caught a glimpse of my collection room. This screeching lefty cod-journalism never ceases to make me laugh.

B.B.

Sadly the ridiculous state of our country and its laws now mean that many legitimate owners are at a loss of what to do with their old deacts. Unable to sell them on or even give them away they resort to giving them in for melting down.

Strange gun phobia in Britain. And prohibition really does little to stop criminal use of firearms as crims don't buy from dealers and collectors. In Australia "military style semi automatics" were banned, where as in New Zealand they were not. But compare today the deaths by firearms statistics and you find almost no difference between the two countries. Which shows the prohibition legislation doesn't stop gun crime only penalises law abiding citizens.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    you find almost no difference between the two countries.
    No difference between Oz & the Kiwis???!!! ... them's fightin' words Anderson!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Deactivated and the gov't is still paranoid? Solve some real problems instead!

Lightbulb

For me, the key phrase in the report is '42% increase in gun crime statistics..'.

Deacts & air pistols.......?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast