Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

UK legal old spec Tompson.

Article about: Hi, Not being into ww2 American de-ac guns in any way I thought it best to ask if there is a demand for UK de-act old spec Thompson machine guns. I have been offered one and just don't know

Default UK legal old spec Tompson.

Hi,
    Not being into ww2 American de-ac guns in any way I thought it best to ask if there is a demand for UK de-act old spec Thompson machine guns. I have been offered one and just don't know what its worth and would only be looking to move it on as it would be coming as part of a deal. I know a bit about German kit but nothing when it come to American. Any help appreciated.
    D

there always a market for the oldspec deacs.no idea on value now.

Hi, depends on what spec if it is anything like the Garand, early ones had bolt movement and later have the bolt welded, lots of UK re-enactors about to move this on,, what kind of figure do you have in mind.

This one is side cocking, which it does and the bolt goes forward when the trigger is pulled. So its early I guess. I have no figure in mind as I don't have a clue as yet.
    D

Hello,

As the cocking handle is on the side, not on top it makes it an M1/M1A1 the last version not the 1928a1.
    It also means it can't accept the drum mags which are expensive, so make valuation a little more straight forward.
    If it were a 1928a1 with adjustable sights and a 50 round drum it would be a fair bit more.
    As to a ball-park figure I would say around £1000-1200 at a push.
    Wait to see what others think as with regards price.

Jonathan.

All straight magazine versions vary between £450-£650,obviously doesn't include drum version,and these are post 95 de-acts not pre,so maybe slightly higher with more moving parts etc.

scary figures eh,, i saw an early deact Garand at Newark arms fair,, £1750 supply and demand i suppose.

Correct steve,more Subs than Garands around simple as that hence the price differances.

Default Photo's of the Thompson, this always helps

Ok, so now I have the Thomspon. The deal was done for a pile of kit of which this was part. I have given it a wipe over and its not too bad. One scratch to the woodwork that stands out but otherwise its in lovely condition and it cocks and dry fires. And it all comes to pieces very easily. It was de-activated by Ryton Arms in July 04. This as previously stated is not something of interest to me and I will be looking to move it on. As such I would like to know what a fair price would be for it. All and any help is appreciated as I rarely venture far from WW.2 German kit this is well out of my comfort zone.
    All the best,
    D
    Last edited by JERSEY 34; 07-07-2015 at 11:58 AM.

I wouldn't like to try getting that back into the UK !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast