Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Uncle Homer's M-1

Article about: Thanks Bill, It'll be a great way for the boy to start. I started at a far younger age than he is. I was buying WWI stuff back in the late 50's when I was 6 years old. LOL At one time, I had

Default Re: Uncle Homer's M-1

Thanks Bill,

It'll be a great way for the boy to start. I started at a far younger age than he is. I was buying WWI stuff back in the late 50's when I was 6 years old. LOL

At one time, I had over 300 functioning milsurp weapons, with one dating back to the Revolutionary War. Best I can recall there were about 100 edged weapons and over a ton of antique ammunition.

I got fed up with constantly worrying about it all getting stolen about 10 years ago. I took two years off from work, went to gun shows and lived very well off that collection of stuff for two years.

You don't ever really own this kind of stuff. You just try to be a good custodian of it so some one else can enjoy it on down the road.

If I'd have waited till today to sell that mess, I could have probably taken 5 years off from the grind.

There are a lot of the toys that I wish hadn't pooped off but all I can say is. I had fun.

?

Default Re: Uncle Homer's M-1

A wonderful story and a beautiful Garand! Congrats on the sweet piece of history - and even more on your dedication to his memory by taking the time to get solid prices for his collection. It speaks volumes to your integrity and depth of feeling.

I still hold out hope that I can find the Garand that my dad is carrying in a picture I have of him taken in 1946 - SN2860035. It's a shot in the dark but you never know!!

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2