Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unit marked 1912 luger

Article about: Hello thanks for reading the post. I just picked up a 1912 Luger matching numbers except the mag unfortunately. It’s in pretty good condition and the bore is minty. I was wondering about the

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That's not fair John,
    There are some here who have a passion for firearms, But a Luger on the lugerboard is a good suggestion.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I agree. Our interests and membership is very broad which is the appeal of WRF. And agree with John, sometimes on niche items, a site like Lugerboard is a great suggestion as it is narrowly focused.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    You will get more opinions if posted on lugergunboards as there is not must interest in guns on this site.
    John
    I can't say as I have ever noticed any lack of interest in firearms on WRF... although you might just occasionally get the odd weapon slip through unseen. That P08 is a beauty by the way!

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That's not fair John,
    There are some here who have a passion for firearms, But a Luger on the lugerboard is a good suggestion.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I apologize for what has been seen as negative.

My statement is based on what I have seen since I have been here. Not trying to disrespect any members or visitors that appreciates firearms. Firearm posts on this site cannot be more than one 1/100 of the posts.

I post any firearm on this site to share knowledge and examples here even if I post it to the main Gunboards or Luger Gunboards.

John

I would like someone else to verify the unit marking on this gun since I am only 80% confident it is correct.

John's reading of the unit marking is correct; 169th Infantry Regiment, machine gun company, weapon number 50.

Nice luger. I have one just like it in my WWI side of my war room. The unit markings are correct with the 169th.
    Thanks for sharing...

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Just a lovely pistol.

Its not that often we see these early Pre WW 1 Lugers.
    A very nice piece of early History ..and btw ..all these items matter and will get great attention here

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for getting back with me, I’ll keep
    It safe and sound I wish it could talk how it ended up here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2