Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Unknown German butt stock

Article about: I can not figure this one out, its look like late war example for some volksmachinenpistole or what? Thanks for help!

Default Re: Unknown German butt stock

Shaped far too differently for that and the 'Carcano' metal fittings would have been added late in the production process-a real puzzle.

It should also be noted that the Carcano M1941 Long rifle used the same type sling(minus the bit that stops the sling end sliding out of the slot in the stock) as the K98k/MP40 but with the usual Italian stock fittings-the forestock fittings resemble the German mount for a side sling type.

This is german stock, with out a question. You can not miss that. Shape of the stock is german k98. Its funny that you think that one could be Carncano stock.

I'm beginning to think it started as a German stock but then used by the Italians for some purpose-the fittings then make sense.

Quote by JeZoCoH View Post
    This is german stock, with out a question. You can not miss that. Shape of the stock is german k98. Its funny that you think that one could be Carncano stock.
    I take offense to that.

If this is without a question a German stock, why post it at all?

An "unknown" stock was posted. I stated that it undoubtedly had German parts and traits. I just tried to be academic in pointing out a trait that is similar to what is commonly seen on Italian Carcano rifles in an effort to help identify the stock. Let's not forget that the history of the relics we take interest in are almost always a complete mystery to us. Beyond that, stocks are made of wood! They can be cut/ carved/ parts added and/ or removed from them.

Good day, sir.

It was posted "Unknown German butt stock"

You can not fit Carncano rifle to that stock, check the space for fiting the rifle it could not be Carcano. IMO you can fit K98 rifle.

?

The French did a sling mount conversion postwar like this,used by west German border guards too I believe. Then it was maybe cut down later to sporterize it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown German butt stock  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Makes the most sense so far zwerge!

It is a cut down 98k stock reworked by the French after WW2, and then cut down into a short stock for hunting...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Guys . This was a solid beech stock with a polish/french style sling cutout on the L/S. It's nothing to do with latewar german volks anything. It's at best a $5 peice of wood to put a shooter action into on the cheap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast