Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unknown Japanese Rifle

Article about: Can someone please identify this WWII Japanese rifle? Its the only Japaneses piece I have in my collection and I don't know anything about it. I bought it for \\$200 some years ago because the

It is an early issue Type 99 with mono-pod. These were later eliminated. Here is a photo of mine. We do not offer appraisal value here but surely your example will be north of $300. Better photos would be appreciated. NH

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	937613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	937614

Totally agree with Neil
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

The Mauser pics were accidental. I'm not to concerned about its value, regardless it stays with me and will be passed down. Thank you everyone for the help.

Casey ~
    Last edited by cjmpaintings; 02-23-2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: info update

The Arisaka is missing the sheet steel bolt/action cover that was usually (but not always) found on earlier examples of the T99-should have the milled slots for it on the action body.

The bolt cover was taken off by the soldiers themselves sometimes because it rattled and made too much noise.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12