Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

US Marked High Standard HD Military

Article about: They must have been a few of these brought to Iowa. Don't see many listed in other areas. The Des Moines Gun show does have some interesting things that come out of the wood work. I wonder i

Default US Marked High Standard HD Military

I have here a High Standard HD Military that is US Property marked. it has a 4.5 inch barrel and is in22 cal. The man I acquired it from many years ago stated it can from the Great Lakes Naval training center and was used to train pilots during WWII. Like I said in another thread. You just don't want to give a 45 of 38 to a person that has never fired a handgun before.

John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 005.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	356.4 KB 
ID:	612853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 006.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	343.1 KB 
ID:	612854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 007.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	354.8 KB 
ID:	612855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 008.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	358.0 KB 
ID:	612856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 002.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	612857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 004.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	297.9 KB 
ID:	612861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 012.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	325.1 KB 
ID:	612864Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High Standard HD Military 010.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	612863
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

There are some that Have fired weapons before that I don't feel comfortable giving any caliber weapon to.
    That is a nice weapon. Is the barrel still good ? Not many of those US marked kicking around.

Hi John, thanks for showing this. I cannot say I have ever seen one before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I hadn't seen one of these until i saw the other thread you mentioned John, are they rare?....
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

Yes Steve, the barrel is good. I agree with you about "There are some that Have fired weapons before that I don't feel comfortable giving any caliber weapon to."

John

Quote by SteveR View Post
    There are some that Have fired weapons before that I don't feel comfortable giving any caliber weapon to.
    That is a nice weapon. Is the barrel still good ? Not many of those US marked kicking around.

Ade and Gunny: The other thread gave a production number of these. But I have not seen a lot of these for sale. I fell into this one because I started years ago trying to collect High standard 22 pistols. I still have my small High Standard collection. I do know that Colt had supplied some also ( The woodsman Model). I have some woodsman parts that have the same markings and the man that I acquired them from got them from the military when he was in. They were Destroying these. So he told me.
    Maybe a thread on 22 training weapons would be something to start? I know the Germans had them as all militarys. did.
    thanks,
    John

?

Nice High Standard. They don't pop up much as much as you would think they would.
    I have seen a few over the last 20 years at the Des Moines gun show.
    Great Mistakes did have a lot of training and security weapons. My Savage 720 came from there. They also had a huge lot of the Mossberg m44 training rifles.
    When I was up there for a HAZMAT course in 2007 a GM buddy of mine showed me some of the weapons they still had for historical purposes.
    When Great Lakes became the only navy training base (boot camp) there was a lot of stuff sent back to them.
    I am sure there was a lot of things that fell into trunks at the end of the day.

Fabulous .22 - and with the military property marking nicely collectable, too.

Very nice. Have you fired her yet?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

No I haven't fire this one. I do have an HD Military that i have shot. They shoot very well.
    I will have to ask Ade if we have or could have a Sub forum for military 22 training firearms. Just an idea....
    Every military in the world I think had some in one form or another. I have a German 22 training rifle that came from a HJ camp with the rack number in the stock. The veteran that brought it home, sold it to me.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast