Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Marked High Standard HD Military

Article about: They must have been a few of these brought to Iowa. Don't see many listed in other areas. The Des Moines Gun show does have some interesting things that come out of the wood work. I wonder i

Default US Marked High Standard HD Military

I have here a High Standard HD Military that is US Property marked. it has a 4.5 inch barrel and is in22 cal. The man I acquired it from many years ago stated it can from the Great Lakes Naval training center and was used to train pilots during WWII. Like I said in another thread. You just don't want to give a 45 of 38 to a person that has never fired a handgun before.

John

US Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD MilitaryUS Marked High Standard HD Military
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

There are some that Have fired weapons before that I don't feel comfortable giving any caliber weapon to.
    That is a nice weapon. Is the barrel still good ? Not many of those US marked kicking around.

Hi John, thanks for showing this. I cannot say I have ever seen one before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I hadn't seen one of these until i saw the other thread you mentioned John, are they rare?....

Yes Steve, the barrel is good. I agree with you about "There are some that Have fired weapons before that I don't feel comfortable giving any caliber weapon to."

John

Quote by SteveR View Post
    There are some that Have fired weapons before that I don't feel comfortable giving any caliber weapon to.
    That is a nice weapon. Is the barrel still good ? Not many of those US marked kicking around.

Ade and Gunny: The other thread gave a production number of these. But I have not seen a lot of these for sale. I fell into this one because I started years ago trying to collect High standard 22 pistols. I still have my small High Standard collection. I do know that Colt had supplied some also ( The woodsman Model). I have some woodsman parts that have the same markings and the man that I acquired them from got them from the military when he was in. They were Destroying these. So he told me.
    Maybe a thread on 22 training weapons would be something to start? I know the Germans had them as all militarys. did.
    thanks,
    John

?

Nice High Standard. They don't pop up much as much as you would think they would.
    I have seen a few over the last 20 years at the Des Moines gun show.
    Great Mistakes did have a lot of training and security weapons. My Savage 720 came from there. They also had a huge lot of the Mossberg m44 training rifles.
    When I was up there for a HAZMAT course in 2007 a GM buddy of mine showed me some of the weapons they still had for historical purposes.
    When Great Lakes became the only navy training base (boot camp) there was a lot of stuff sent back to them.
    I am sure there was a lot of things that fell into trunks at the end of the day.

Fabulous .22 - and with the military property marking nicely collectable, too.

Very nice. Have you fired her yet?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

No I haven't fire this one. I do have an HD Military that i have shot. They shoot very well.
    I will have to ask Ade if we have or could have a Sub forum for military 22 training firearms. Just an idea....
    Every military in the world I think had some in one form or another. I have a German 22 training rifle that came from a HJ camp with the rack number in the stock. The veteran that brought it home, sold it to me.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast