Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US Model 1892 Krag...

Article about: Last week I stopped at a hockshop that I hadn't been to in a while just to see what firearms or militaria they might have. Their inventory looked about the same as the last time I was there

?

Default US Model 1892 Krag...

Last week I stopped at a hockshop that I hadn't been to in a while just to see what firearms or militaria they might have. Their inventory looked about the same as the last time I was there with the exception of a Krag rifle that stood in a floor rack. What drew my attention to it was its cleaning rod. I had never seen a Krag with one before but remembered reading about them being a feature on early rifles. Picking it up I saw the 1894 dates on the receiver and stock. A quick check of the bore showed it to be in good shape. It seems to have missed the 1896 conversions that deleted the rod but at some point the original rear sight and handguard were swapped out for the 1902 patterns. Here are some pics.

Len

US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...US Model 1892 Krag...

Default Re: US Model 1892 Krag...

Len

Nice find! It's hard to pass-up an old rifle in nice condition. Are you planning to replace the replaced parts with originals?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Nice rifle, I did not know that they got rid of the rod in 1896. Thanks for the info.

Very nice US Krag Rifle... A lot of history there...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Indeed - a great rifle in it's original form. Good to see that
    it has not been cut down.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Len

Nice find! It's hard to pass-up an old rifle in nice condition. Are you planning to replace the replaced parts with originals?

Green
    Hi Green,
    I'm going to leave it as it is for now. Maybe restore it down the road.

Len

Nice rifle, You used to be able to but these for nothing and everyone cut them down for hunting rifles. It's always nice to see one in this condition. I would not change a thing on this one.

Thanks for showing it.
    Burt

?

Very nice find sir.