MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value of straight BNZ 42 98k?

Article about: Thx guys, I'll update the thread ;-)

Default Value of straight BNZ 42 98k?

Going to look at a buddy's 98k this weekend, in hopes of doing some horse trading. I barely remember the rifle, seen it years ago, I think it was a nice clean matching non import stamped rifle, and I'd helped him get a nice correct bayonet/scabbard for it at the time. Says he still has it, and might be interested in stuff I have to trade. Trade is often a better transaction between friends. Seems like offering to buy it for cash would be a bit of an insult...

I figured about $500 (?), but I'm somewhat out of the loop on what anything good is worth these days, of RC stuff, etc. I recently saw a guy selling three 98k, all sort of mismatches, parts of one in another, etc for $500 if that was any indication of current prices.

Thx in advance for chiming in ;-)

Default Re: Value of straight BNZ 42 98k?

I am far from an expert, but I've noticed that vet bring-back K98ks that are un-messed-with and have matching numbers are going for big money now...

Russian Capture examples with mismatched parts and dark finishes are reaching the $500 range.

?

I agree with GIZMO8Z. Any vet bring back that is in decent condition with all matching numbers is now selling for well north of one thousand and perhaps a lot more and a nice bayonet with bayonet whose numbers match the scabbard (not the rifle) is several hundred dollars. Nice Russian capture are going for $500 these days.
    Last edited by samnev; 02-26-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Unfortunately the sites turns anyone's numeric valuations into 00's...

If you could write out tentative known current prices that would help. I don't want to cheat him, but I don't want to overpay either and it's doubtful that he knows anymore than I do, he's not by any means a WWII collector, at least not an active collector.

Like everyone above has said, russian captures are going for and above $500 as of late since they have pretty much dried up.
    A vet bring back without paperwork, all matching is going to be around the $1200 - $1400 range. The BNZ or Steyr K98 are fetching a little more usually.

I just recently purchased a vet bring back, (no paper work ...) non-import marked or russian capature obviously for $600 and that was a steal.

Thanks
    Cody

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    Unfortunately the sites turns anyone's numeric valuations into 00's...

If you could write out tentative known current prices that would help. I don't want to cheat him, but I don't want to overpay either and it's doubtful that he knows anymore than I do, he's not by any means a WWII collector, at least not an active collector.
    Unfortunately, that's the way things are now. As each year passes, WWII stuff gets more rare and expensive.... Supply and demand! A lot of the guys who have been in this hobby for a while remember the days when various milsurp firearms could be purchased for $20!!

We are seeing it now with Mosin-Nagant rifles. A few years ago, when I started collecting, they could be found for $80... This past wkend I seriously considered bidding on one for $300!!

If you want to feel good about the transaction, work out a deal with the gentleman that both of you consider fair. As long as you do this, there's nothing wrong with getting a great deal on it or even "stealing" it for a low price!

Yeah, that's what I kinda figured, his stuff's gone up, my stuff's gone up, so it works out and he's got the best of me in a few deals over the years, that's for sure. I think he'd have me over a barrel if he knew how much I wanted this Mauser though... We'll have to see what happens.

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Unfortunately, that's the way things are now. As each year passes, WWII stuff gets more rare and expensive.... Supply and demand! A lot of the guys who have been in this hobby for a while remember the days when various milsurp firearms could be purchased for $20!!

We are seeing it now with Mosin-Nagant rifles. A few years ago, when I started collecting, they could be found for $80... This past wkend I seriously considered bidding on one for $300!!

If you want to feel good about the transaction, work out a deal with the gentleman that both of you consider fair. As long as you do this, there's nothing wrong with getting a great deal on it or even "stealing" it for a low price!
    Once again I agree. There are selling prices and good guy prices worked out between friends. The best deal is if you think you paid to much and your friend feels he got to little. Then you probably met somewhere in the middle.

Quote by samnev View Post
    The best deal is if you think you paid to much and your friend feels he got to little. Then you probably met somewhere in the middle.
    How true, how true... I just hope the deal doesn't take til two in the morning like some I've had in the past ;-)

?

What ever time it takes is worth it if the 98K is what you think it is. They are getting VERY hard to find if they are righteous. Good luck in your negotiations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast