Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Very used 1931 Thompson

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Very interesting. Not heard of these before. Cheers, Ade. The Chinese seemingly were fond of taking favourite Western guns and converting them to their use. They not only

Default Very used 1931 Thompson

Hi

This is an upcoming restoration project, that i will post on the correct thread.
    Anyway, its a 1931 matching numbers thompson.
    The stock is extremely used and broken, no magazine but has no metal pitting, so that is good news.
    I will start looking for original parts for her.
    Cheers
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very used 1931 Thompson   Very used 1931 Thompson  

Very used 1931 Thompson   Very used 1931 Thompson  

Very used 1931 Thompson   Very used 1931 Thompson  

Very used 1931 Thompson  

?

Now that is one fine restoration project!!

Must confess to actually liking the crude repair to the stock, the weapon has history and character!

Quote by Warspite View Post
    Must confess to actually liking the crude repair to the stock, the weapon has history and character!
    I agree but the fixing is broken making the stock very loose and almost falling.
    Ill see what i can do about it.

Good foundation for work Nuno, this should clean up well. Looks a bit like a union flag carved there?

?

Nice! I like it!

The stock should be an easy fix, if you can abide a repro.

could of been used by mobsters

I'm with Warspite, Nuno - the stock brass riveted repair looks great IMO. tease the plates off, glue the breaks and replace them as they just add to the character!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

An interesting gun, but I don't believe it's a Thompson; it looks more like a reverse-engineered Chinese copy. Right off the bat I see that the pivot plate is all wrong, the location of the magazine catch retainer is too, as it the rear sight and the rear of the receiver, the slots for accommodating a drum are missing, the list goes on... The sunburst at the front of the receiver (by the "1931" marking) looks an awful lot the Nationalist Chinese sunburst. I'd really like to see some close-up photos of the lefthand side of the receiver and trigger frame

Oo, dis is velly interlesting!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast