Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vet bring back k98 dou 44 PICTURES

Article about: Here`s my byf42,it`s a well used rifle,but the bore is still good.Not many matching parts on it.....Pete.

?

Here`s my byf42,it`s a well used rifle,but the bore is still good.Not many matching parts on it.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K98K Mauser.jpg 
Views:	714 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	556391  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Does any one know what the b and h stamp mean on the stock? Marty
    Hi Marty. My Mauser has an H marked on stock near disc that denotes army issuance.

Just like to add you made a very good score Pal. All matchers are expensive and very hard to come by. Check Gun Boards Forum for more info and post your pics there if you can. Have seen these K98ks going for near two thousand dollars depending on condition. thanks for showing and best wishes.

Thanks I do really love the rifle. I caught myself at 11:30 last night getting out of bed opening the safe just to look at it. CRAZY I KNOW! Marty

Now quit that...or your wife might file papers on you....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok, I have one last question. Should the front hand guard and stock have numbers stamped on the inside? And, if they do WOULD YOU take it apart to see? I really do not think the rifle has ever or maybe in a long time been taken apart. I would be scared to death to even try. But the curious mind wants to know. Marty

I can see no point in tearing it apart. It's all matching numbers on every part that you can see and was, apparently, carried,used and captured in it's present state-which would be more than good enough for me.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thats good enough for me.

Yeah I'm with Wagriff on this one. Have heard of damage trying to remove barrel band. like my father-in-laws is all matching and I hate to even touch it sometimes.LOL P.S. Answered your P.M.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12