Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Vet Bringback P-38 CYQ

Article about: You all know I like items with a story. Well this one sure has one...what it is? Anyone's guess. The pistol itself is a run of the mill Spreewerks rough blued, "nicely" used matchi

MAP
    ?

Last edited by MAP; 09-21-2017 at 03:03 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Right up my alley and definitely on my list. Very nice, Map!

MAP
    ?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I was reading manufactured 1942-1944 for a total of about 283, 000 by spreewerks. Which I believe would be the rarest of the 3 manufacturers.

MAP
    ?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I was reading manufactured 1942-1944 for a total of about 283, 000 by spreewerks. Which I believe would be the rarest of the 3 manufacturers.
    Yes thanks for the added info on total production of 283,000 Cousin!! i should have included that in my post when I stated the range. I read 98k rifles had a new letter after around 10,000 made. Always plenty to learn concerning these weapons

Quote by MAP View Post
    But the least desirable by collectors (or so I read) being the last of the three to make them.

Production ranges are here

Page 720
    Not sure why that would be. Rarity is pretty much a standard. That stinks.

- - ------- - -

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Yes thanks for the added info on total production of 283,000 Cousin!! i should have included that in my post when I stated the range. I read 98k rifles had a new letter after around 10,000 made. Always plenty to learn concerning these weapons
    Always more to learn. That's one reason I love this site.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Been sitting in a safe for over 5 years Phil (not inside the holster of course).

The photos are courtesy of Sony's Alpha 6300 compact MDC with an optional macro lens that I bought just before my trip to Gettysburg this year. Even a simpleton like me can now take great shots!
    Ha small world MAP. Headin to Gettysburg myself this month. Be my fourth visit. Hope those gift shops still offer as much goodies. Horse Soldier was a great stop and I hear Harley Davidson has a place on York Street as well. Think I better bring a few extra bucks!!!

MAP
    ?

Last edited by MAP; 09-21-2017 at 03:00 AM.

PRE
    ?

Very nice, I like it.
    They're also fun to shoot, but the triggers can be (understandably) stiff. The AC41 I had shot decently, but was no match for my VIS-35.
    Pat

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast