Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vickers Machine Guns

Article about: As Ade says, everything points to a Lithgow gun, the boxes for the gun and tripod look Aussie (Possibly Slazenger) and the white armoured vehicle ammo box is Aussie. The serial of the gun wi

Default Vickers Machine Guns

Chaps

Does anyone know the difference between a English Vickers to a Australian one? Also are they differences between a WW1 and WW2 Vickers?

Cheers
    Ben

?

Not sure if you are aware of these websites Ben, some good info on them.

The Vickers Machine Gun

VickersMG.com ยป Vickers History
    Regards,
    John

Cheers John

Just the ticket
    Ben

?

The best deact Vickers I have ever seen were a batch that Witham Vehicles obtained some years ago.They were top notch.A friend of mine purchased one and still has it.
    Drop zone currentlly has one for 1850 Pounds.Also a wheeled trolley for it which I have never seen before.

Cheers Lew, I will have a butchers
    Ben

Quote by lew07 View Post
    The best deact Vickers I have ever seen were a batch that Witham Vehicles obtained some years ago.They were top notch.A friend of mine purchased one and still has it.
    Drop zone currentlly has one for 1850 Pounds.Also a wheeled trolley for it which I have never seen before.
    The Vickers that came from Withams were WW2 Lithgow (Aussie) guns deactivated by Rytons and mostly the FTR'd war reserve so were near mint. The Vickers on a wheeled mount sounds like a Russian Maxim on the Sokolov wheeled mount. If it is a Vickers it should be on a MkIV tripod. Rich Fisher is the Vickers expert.

I've see the advert for the trolley now, its a hand cart for the Vickers and its ammo boxes. If you look at Rich's site he states that they were possibly only used by the Irish Free State and there is one (Possibly this one) which is under going restoration.

The Vickers Machine Gun - World - Ireland

Gents, can anyone tell what this one is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vickers Machine Guns   Vickers Machine Guns  

Vickers Machine Guns  
    Ben

Hi Ben, same as mine.

Aussie made by the looks of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, good one mucker
    Ben

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast