Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Video of my full auto PPSH-41 and a "hello" from a new member

Article about: Hey guys. I LOVE this forum, and just joined. I am a collector or firearms over in America, and mostly collect full autos. I look forward to learning lots from this forum, and hopefully shar

Default Video of my full auto PPSH-41 and a "hello" from a new member

Hey guys. I LOVE this forum, and just joined. I am a collector or firearms over in America, and mostly collect full autos. I look forward to learning lots from this forum, and hopefully sharing some of my "toys" with you guys as well. Here is a quick little video of my all matching PPSH-41 that was captured and brought back during WW2 and registered in our 1968 amnesty. I plan on making a nice long review of the gun in about a week, and I'll share that too. I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by michaelkih; 10-25-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Very impressive sir. Nice having an original WW-2 weapon. Would love to hear the capture history of this Russian piece. Own a couple of 98ks myself. Thanks for sharing and hope to hear more of your interests. Great to share info and learn on this forum.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Very impressive sir. Nice having an original WW-2 weapon. Would love to hear the capture history of this Russian piece. Own a couple of 98ks myself. Thanks for sharing and hope to hear more of your interests. Great to share info and learn on this forum.
    It was captured along with a British Sten off of a dead German. They must have been that soldiers trophies before he was killed. They were snuck back to America and were never registered until the 1968 amnesty. I own both of these guns now, and bought them from the family of the guy that bought them from the original WW2 vet in 1963 for wait for it.....$50.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    98Ks are great guns. Enjoy them!

That's about $20K's worth you got including the Sten - well spent $50
    Always nice to see the Ppsh41 shooting - thanks for posting the pic.
    What factory and date are on the Ppsh upper?
    Any markings on the Sten mag housing? -

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    That's about $20K's worth you got including the Sten - well spent $50
    Always nice to see the Ppsh41 shooting - thanks for posting the pic.
    What factory and date are on the Ppsh upper?
    Any markings on the Sten mag housing? -
    I didn't get them for $50. I WISH! That's how much the gentleman paid in 1963 for them from his older friend, the WW2 vet. I paid closer to $22k for the pair.

The PPSH-41 is a very worn and patina finished 1942 gun with the Tula star. Internally it is mint though. Exactly how I want a war gun to look and be. Look like it went through hell and back, but have a mint barrel and perfect function.

On the Sten, no. The markings have all been rubbed off except the serial number, and STEN MK II. Besides that it's in very good shape externally and internally, and was also amnesty registered.

Hello michaelkih!-the PpSh was a standard German service gun by virtue of being captured in large numbers and re issued to them, with many rebarrelled to use 9mm parabellum-Stens too were captured in bulk, mainly from the air drops of weapons to Resistance groups throughout occupied Europe and the Germans never had enough weapons, especially for the Volksturm in the last 6 months of the war.

?

If the finsh was 70% or better with all matching number north of 20K. As is around 15K +/-. My PPSh is my favorite sub gun. Just watch out for the PPSh dropping hot cases down you shirt cillor since the brass is ejected vertically. Hasn't happened yet to me but has happened to several guys I let shoot the PPSh. Only down side to them now is the lack of cheap 7.62X25 ammo for them.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum. It would be a dream come true for me to shoot one of these, i am envious of the freedom you chaps have over the pond to own and fire these weapons.

Hello and welcome and what a first post lol, boy do they get some rounds down

- - ------- - -

BTW got any lugers?
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast