Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

VIS, P35 FB Radom Early Alpha

Article about: I purchased this from a dealer a couple of years ago who put me in touch with the seller. Turns out I picked up several other items the vet had. Really nice guy, he brought three guns home t

Default VIS, P35 FB Radom Early Alpha

I purchased this from a dealer a couple of years ago who put me in touch with the seller. Turns out I picked up several other items the vet had. Really nice guy, he brought three guns home total but the dealer had already unloaded one of the guns. Russell also had a Luger that he had chrome plated while he was still in Germany that the dealer didn't want. I purchased it with capture paperwork from Russell. This VIS he picked up at a surrender weapons cache pile after the battle of the bulge. The Lieutenant in charge told them to get a weapon, he wanted a Luger bad but said the guys from the 101st had already culled all the Luger's out. He had no idea what it was but thought it looked good. He brought it home, put it in a locker and didn't touch it for 60 years. The Luger I got from him he captured near Landsberg the site of one of the first concentration camps. He believes the soldier he took it from could have been an escaping camp guard.

At any rate this is one of the first Alphabet VIS's made. These were built mostly from parts already at the plant when the Germans took it over. The fit and finish of this gun is second to none or was when new. This one obviously has seen some combat and holster time. It came to me in a Hi Power holster with extra original magazine. It had been sitting so long in one position the oil had turned hard as a rock and I had to soak the gun for a couple hours to get the oil to break down. Note the butt stock slot on the early alpha's. They are mixed in and I have seen them go as far as the D serial number but they only used them until they ran out of parts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VIS, P35 FB Radom Early Alpha   VIS, P35 FB Radom Early Alpha  

VIS, P35 FB Radom Early Alpha   VIS, P35 FB Radom Early Alpha  

?

Fine weapon.

great looking war trophy set, have you test fired it ?

Quote by battle gear View Post
    great looking war trophy set, have you test fired it ?
    I have fired most of the VIS's that I have including this one. It does function very well and is extremely accurate.

Logictox, superb example of an early occupation pistol. I appreciate the effort taken in presenting nice clear crisp photos along with the background history of this particular piece! Most interesting. Thanks for sharing.

For anyone interested, here's a discussion of the pre-WW2 'original' version of this fine firearm from the Polish section of the forum:

Original Pre-war Vis Holster with Vis Pistol

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

I am really enjoying looking at the great pics of your collection - I have always had a soft spot for the Radoms and Hi-powers, have only owned Lugers and P38's though.
    Have a feeling that will change.

?

The VIS is one of the best handguns of the period by far.
    A good looking gun to boot.