Become our sponsor and display your banner here

vz 24 identification help

Article about: Picked up this vz24 today at a local gun shop. The crest has been scrubbed off the receiver which would indicate to me a Romanian contract rifle but there is no R in the serial number. Howev

Default vz 24 identification help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151204_14_06_53_Pro.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	909907
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151204_14_07_03_Pro.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	239.3 KB 
ID:	909915

Picked up this vz24 today at a local gun shop. The crest has been scrubbed off the receiver which would indicate to me a Romanian contract rifle but there is no R in the serial number. However there is a G after. Being a period rifle would be a bonus but not a total disappointment being it has very strong rifling and I have plenty of 8mm rounds to send down range. $200 for any rifle this solid is never a bad deal in my opinion. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

?

Well,it was made in 1937,if that helps......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

I didn't want to say it was a 7 but I thought so. Thanks zwerge.
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie