Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Vz52/57

Article about: I managed to snag a Vz52/57 yesterday in my travels. It really falls outside my collecting interests but it's a darn intriguing weapon and chambered in the readily available 7.62x39 round an

?

Default Vz52/57

I managed to snag a Vz52/57 yesterday in my travels. It really falls outside my collecting interests but it's a darn intriguing weapon and chambered in the readily available 7.62x39 round and so it came home with me. I believe the rifle's been refinished as it has a flat black blueing or phosphate over all the metal save the black enamel painted magazine and what looks like a purple anodization on the bolt. She's a mixmaster serial # wise but she's in great shape. There are no import markings on this one and the bore is in mint condition (chrome bore on these?). Unfortunately the cleaning kit's missing and she came with only one mag. Here are some pics.

Len

Vz52/57Vz52/57Vz52/57Vz52/57Vz52/57Vz52/57Vz52/57

Default Re: Vz52/57

Not the high point of Czech arms design-you have to remove the forestock wood to adjust the gas regulator and the change to the Soviet round from the 7.62 x 45mm intended ammo didn't help but yours is in good nick...

Very interesting looking rifle, i've never seen one before!..

great looking rifle!!! And I bet it will be fun to shoot.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The only ones I come across are in the almost impossible to find 45 length cartridge, an interesting rifle for sure.
    Yours in in terrific condition - these are usually knocked and worn pretty badly.
    Often found with the "flat" side folding bayo.

Pit.

A while back, Oh What A Country had mags for these.

Congrats! These are great shooters.

The 2 rounds on the right of this picture are the Czech 7.62 x 45mm round as intended for the original Vz52 rifle-the green tip is an explosive bullet, the other standard ball with the 7.62 x 39mm and 7.92 x 33mm rounds for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vz52/57