Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

W. Kavanagh and Son

Article about: Gentlemen, I cannot not find anything, after searching the net, on the history of this W. Kavanagh and Son 12 Dame St Dublin top break revolver. I believe it is .44 cal. Any information is a

?

Default W. Kavanagh and Son

Gentlemen, I cannot not find anything, after searching the net, on the history of this W. Kavanagh and Son 12 Dame St Dublin top break revolver. I believe it is .44 cal. Any information is appreciated. Apparently, Kavanagh was considered to a be a fine firearm maker particularly of shotguns and double rifles in late 1800s to turn of the century.W. Kavanagh and SonW. Kavanagh and SonW. Kavanagh and SonW. Kavanagh and SonW. Kavanagh and SonW. Kavanagh and Son

clean gun.

It looks like a knock off of a Webley Pryse. Or maybe Kavanagh bought them from Webley?

They were made in many calibers. Not in .44 as far as I know. Possibly in .455 and .476 and the like.

Nice revover, rather advanced in it's age (1876).

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Or the other way around. Who was first? There is a very strong simalarity in design.

I think this is a Webley/Pryse that has been retailed by Kavanagh. It was quite common in the 19th century to buy in products and mark them as your own. It happened with most metal wares from Watches to lighters and Jewelry to Guns.