MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Walther P-38 for review

Article about: Forum Please assist. I will share what information I have found and please correct it and add what you may know. This is a Walther P-38 made in November 1944. All parts are matching (maybe n

Default Re: Walther P-38 for review

Thank you, Joe. It's not too late to get that permit!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Nice P38 rig. I think it would be worth every bit of $800 perhaps a bit more. But to me that rig is a keeper. Clean the bore lubricate it well a perhaps find some leather preservative for the holster. I have used Bag Balm in my leather goods with great success on holsters and slings, even brittle ones without any problems.

Yes, the three main manufactures of the P-38 were:

Walther: code: ac
    Mauser: code: byf
    Spreewerke Factory: code: cyq

I forgot to mention that the 800 range was a damn good deal. I've seen some later war P-38s w/holster sell sometimes around a 1000-1200. Depends on the dealer. Here is good link about the different manufactures of the war era P-38.

Walther P-38

There are other good sites as the Walter Forum also:
    WaltherForums

The "early war" pistols are selling for a lot higher now (pre 43). The craftsmanship of early war pieces to late war is stunning. Walther "AC's" took their time when manufacturing these early on. The late war pieces often show the milling process. They were not as buffed and sanded as much. To make the completion of orders, and by the look of the machining processes, they jacked up the feed rates. Alot of late war models don't have matching numbers. You do and that's great! Get it and hold on too it. Hope this helps you out. 800 is a fine deal.

This whole thing blew my head off. Amazing sidearm!

Thank you, guys!

The positive feedback is welcome and the pistol seems to be a good one, glad it all worked-out. The pistol certainly needs a cleaning and oiling.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Glad to see that good things still happen to good folk.
    Good luck with acquiring this beauty!

Tom

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Glad to see that good things still happen to good folk.
    Good luck with acquiring this beauty!

Tom
    Thanks Tom, it'll go well with the Party badges around it! No, it'll probably have its own display with the other items it is with.

Thank you all for your input!

I plan to move forward with this whole deal unless there is other feedback contrary to what has been offered.

Green

Hope you got it. sorry for late post. Just remember never to dry fire this pistol as I read somewhere it could damage the firing pin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2